ACU Question

dee222

A friend of mine has just come back from the U.S. he was in the Bragg area and got some acu all have there badges sewn on no velcro

on them , question is how common is this now is it aloud under the regs or just tolerated .

Thanks

Dave

CNY Militaria

It has been authorized since 2010 or early 2011 (can't remember exactly). It is quite common now.

• 2 weeks later...
Cap Camouflage Pattern I

IIRC the regulation says it has to be all or nothing, you can't have sewn US ARMY tape and Name tape with Velcro rank, it has to be sewn rank.

I think the pockets continue to have Velcro patches.

• 4 weeks later...

Quite common on uniforms for E-4 and above. 99% of officers I have seen will have their uniforms sewn as well.

IIRC the regulation says it has to be all or nothing, you can't have sewn US ARMY tape and Name tape with Velcro rank, it has to be sewn rank.

^this is exactly why. It's kind of stupid to get everything sewn when you're going to be changing your rank out every couple months, so most people just wait for E-4 or E-5 to get it done. It's definitely a good idea, it looks 100x better to have everything sewn and neat. The Velcro is unnecessary/annoying and I personally hated it so much I got my uniforms sewn up as soon as I made E-2. Probably had more to do with blue falcons switching your tapes while you're on a work/cleaning detail. Nothing is worse than showing up to 1st formation as Pvt. US. Army. Unless you show up as oh, I don't know maybe Sgt. 1st Class U.S. Army.... It happens I've seen it with my own eyes!!