Show your tailor made Ike jackets

SARGE

Very nice is an understatement :D

Great thumbsup.gif

regards,

Stephan

I agree. thumbsup.gif

Both of these are very fine examples of tailor made officer Ikes. Thanks for showing them. I really like the little tailor added details that make these outstanding uniforms.

my favorite part

Red linings in coats was an unofficial thing done by guys who were aces ! From things I've read, no one who not an ace was supposed to have a red jacket lining.

You have a real rarity with this one! thumbsup.gif

Here is another "lightly" tailored Ike jacket for a Corporal in the 202 MP Bn., US Forces Austria. This jacket is a wartime manufactured Ike in the May 10, 1944 pattern. It was made by "Manly Coats, Inc." I just love that maker name.

USFA_202_MP_Cpl_Ike_Jacket.JPG

This jacket has a German made brass "Zipp" zipper installed on the front. The pocket flaps and pleats have been sewn down (not through the lining as normally seen). The waist adjustment tabs and collar tab and button have been removed. All insignia is machine sewn.

USFA_202_MP_Cpl_shoulder.JPG

One more nicely tailored Ike jacket.

OOPS! ermm.gif

I made a mistake in the last post. This jacket is from the 202 MP Company (not Battalion).

The 202nd MP Company was the Austrian Occupation unit that was assigned to Vienna. It acted as a Headquarters Guard for General Mark Clark as Commanding General of Austria. The Company also acted as an Honor Guard at the USFA HQ as well as the Train Guard for Gen. Clark's personal train, the "Mozart Cannonball."

The 202nd MP Company remained in Austria from 1945 until the departure of the USFA occupation forces in 1955.

Hello

Here is my new tailor made Ike jacket its id'd to a member of the 501st

the paches are bullion made.Hope you like it all.

post-516-1171208875.jpg

post-516-1171208922.jpg

Stunning! What hero wore this?

Rich

Strongsville, OH-IO, USA

Stunning! What hero wore this?

Rich

Strongsville, OH-IO, USA

This Uniform (I also have his trousers) was from:

1lt Harry L Mosier 501st 1 bat. A comp.

But I'm still looking for Information about him so if sombody can help me PLEASE do it if you know somthing about him. I know what he did in the Netherlands but I still need to know what happend to him in Bastogne.

thanks Dennis

Dennis,

Is it possible to get a close up picture of the bullion 101st eagle patch on your jacket, thanks in advance.

Dennis,

Is it possible to get a close up picture of the bullion 101st eagle patch on your jacket, thanks in advance.

Here you have the pictures from the bullion patch.

post-516-1171622959.jpg

This one is on his blouse

Dennis,

Here is a other one

post-516-1171623111.jpg

This bullion made is on the Jacket

Here is an example of a rather radically tailored "Ike Jacket" that is made from a 1947 pattern Utility Uniform.

Utility_jacket_front.JPG

This jacket started out life as an issue "Jacket, Utility, Cotton" manufactured in 1951. It was heavily modified by shortening the jacket and adding a waist band. Sewn-in military creases were added throughout and the jacket now looks like a cotton Ike. The sleeves also received new shoulder pockets and new cuffs with buttons were added as well.

Utility_jacket_left_side.JPG

An interesting transformation of a rather shapeless fatigue garment into a tailored Eisenhower style jacket during the Korean War era.

TBM,

A very nice jacket tailored in the British style with the belt waist and side buckle. I think this style jacket is often referred to as an "ETO Jacket" as they unofficially came about before they were adopted by the US military as regulation. Ike is the one who seemingly authorized and popularized this jacket in the ETO so he gets it named after him I suppose.

Sorry, no pictures of Pete wearing the uniform. I only have one picture of him in a dress uniform, his 4-pocket which I also own. I'll post some pics of both later. Thanks for the compliments, Mark.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is yet another enlisted tailor made Constabulary Ike made from an earlier style service coat. This one is made from a 1939 Model Service Coat with the bi-swing back that was eliminated in 1941.

Constab_Cav_tailored_Ike.JPG

Notice the wide waistband and the new pocket flaps sewn on to make the Ike. Also notice the bi-swing shoulder pleats in the back. Interestingly, these pleats have been sewn shut in order to tailor the jacket better. These pleats were eliminated in 1941 in order to conserve fabric for the war and because they tended to pucker and become unsightly in the view of some.

Constab_Cav_tailored_Ike_back.JPG

Also notice the button that is sewn on beneath the epaulet for the cord. This jacket originally had a large custom ribbon bar sewn above the left breast pocket but it is now gone. Probably retained by the vet or stripped off for the custom rack.

Constab_Cav_tailored_Ike_award.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Another interesting Ike Jacket adaptation. This tailor made Ike is made from an enlisted man's wool shirt. :blink:

Ike_shirt.JPG

I have seen a few of these but they are very few and far between. Here is a view of the back of the shirt showing the waistband made from the cut off shirt tails.

Ike_shirt_back.JPG

Here is a view of the front of the waistband showing the two button front flap and the side adjustment tabs for a now missing metal buckle that buttons onto the tab.

Ike_shirt_waist_buttons.JPG

Closeup view of the side adjustment tabs.

Ike_shirt_waist_tabs.JPG

View of the epaulets that have been added to the shoulders.

Ike_shirt_shoulder.JPG

Anyone else with tailor made examples to show? w00t.gif

TBM,

A very nice jacket tailored in the British style with the belt waist and side buckle. I think this style jacket is often referred to as an "ETO Jacket" as they unofficially came about before they were adopted by the US military as regulation. Ike is the one who seemingly authorized and popularized this jacket in the ETO so he gets it named after him I suppose.

I'm going to have to disagree. As I understand it, while there is an indeed an "ETO jacket," it is of an entirely different style, being of a shorter length than the four-pocket tunic, making it similar to the ubiquitous ike jacket. I can't scrape up a picture of one right now, but I'll try and do so. Perhaps I'm incorrect, and I'm sure one of the fellas will get me straight! :D

Beau