USCG bullion rate timeframe?

k2b

Hi all,

I picked up a tailored khaki Coast Guard coat today -- a bit worse for wear, but with bullion and some initials stitched inside, I still couldn't say "no" to the research opportunity! Unfortunately, being that it's missing all the easy-to-Google info an issue coat has, it seems my only chance for narrowing my search at all is getting a rough date from the rate. I was able to do the easy bit and (hopefully correctly) identify it as a CPO Electrician's Mate, but I'm at a loss as to how to narrow it to a specific timeframe other than "before 1974". Any general guidance or pointers to reference materials any of you could provide would be much appreciated; I've already searched around the forum a bit, but this is so far outside my usual collecting area that I'm not sure what I can and can't apply to this case.

Thanks! Let me know if there's any other info/pics I can provide. (I'd also be happy to take clearer ones in better light when my new camera arrives in a few days, if anyone would like.)

post-154706-0-14130800-1451447325.jpg

post-154706-0-32001500-1451447332.jpg

post-154706-0-54436600-1451447339.jpg