I think all spouses of Dealers or members are allowed in free.I'm sure Jeff will clarify.

Correct. and I shall.

It is the official policy of the OVMS that spouses and minor children - offspring under the age of 18, not just the ones you view as expendable - are likely there against their will to varying degrees, and we facilitate this quasi-hostage situation by not requiring the victimized parties to be as official and badged-up as the rest of us.

This black-and-white television, 1950's worldview is something that really used to agitate my professional militaria dealer spousal unit, so she joined up and got her very own member badge, just to 'stick it to the man.'

Speaking of which, the club has in fact dipped a toe into the swirling currents of rapidly-evolving definitions that is modernity, in so much as the officers and employees will officially recognize any flavor of spouse you wish to present; a legal spouse of any gender, a girlfriend, boyfriend, significant other, etc. The only exception to this is the polyamorous relationship.. In the interest of clarity, I called Bill specifically check on this very point. You will be allowed to claim one (1) spousal unit only.

If it becomes apparent that the newly-enlightened status of the OVMS is being taken advantage of, and spousal requests appear to be disingenuous, actually sellers attempting to circumvent our new "dealers and helpers must be members" policy via a clever reach-around ploy, then we will of course re-evaluate this prior to that policy going into effect in 2017.

If anyone has any further questions on this particular bit of OVMS policy, please feel free to contact me directly via PM.

Thanks! We look forward to seeing you all at the show.

post-2-0-10415400-1477335312.jpg

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Correct. and I shall.

It is the official policy of the OVMS that spouses and minor children - offspring under the age of 18, not just the ones you view as expendable - are likely there against their will to varying degrees, and we facilitate this quasi-hostage situation by not requiring the victimized parties to be as official and badged-up as the rest of us.

This black-and-white television, 1950's worldview is something that really used to agitate my professional militaria dealer spousal unit, so she joined up and got her very own member badge, just to 'stick it to the man.'

Speaking of which, the club has in fact dipped a toe into the swirling currents of rapidly-evolving definitions that is modernity, in so much as the officers and employees will officially recognize any flavor of spouse you wish to present; a legal spouse of any gender, a girlfriend, boyfriend, significant other, etc. The only exception to this is the polyamorous relationship.. In the interest of clarity, I called Bill specifically check on this very point. You will be allowed to claim one (1) spousal unit only.

If it becomes apparent that the newly-enlightened status of the OVMS is being taken advantage of, and spousal requests appear to be disingenuous, actually sellers attempting to circumvent our new "dealers and helpers must be members" policy via a clever reach-around ploy, then we will of course re-evaluate this prior to that policy going into effect in 2017.

If anyone has any further questions on this particular bit of OVMS policy, please feel free to contact me directly via PM.

Thanks! We look forward to seeing you all at the show.

Clarified and Enlightened. ..

Always Buying...Medals...Patches...Wings... Singles or Groups...Top Cash Paid!!!

My Website...http://www.purpleheartsnorthcarolina.com/

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

"Unit, Spousal, (1ea.)"

B)

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Always interested in the 166th Infantry, 42nd Division, A.E.F.

Quality WW1 studio portraits and real photo postcards of Distinguished Service Cross recipients; showing steel helmets; or other interesting content.

Looks like I am marrying Bob the week before.....but it will be a Victorian relationshhip based on trust and understanding with separate beds in Kentucky.

owen

Sorry, I am already spoken for that weekend......

www.vintageproductions.com

"A militaria show is a social event for anti-socials" - A.T. 2008

ASMIC Executive President

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Well this is my first SoS and I am pretty excited. I am taking my own little vacation all the way from San Diego.

Already got a flight, room, car, and my OVMS membership...

I am landing on Thursday morning and leaving Saturday afternoon so that will give me a solid 2.5 days of nerding myself out. I do look forward to saying hello to some fellow forum members and hope to put a face to the names I see on here.

Tyson

On the lookout for Pre-WWI Navy Uniforms

"It's not a mannequin, it's a display form torso!"

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

I am so excited!!! This is like being a kid at Christmas time!

Mr.JERRY
Collector of WWI & WWII Home Front Flags, Unit Flags & Guidons,US & German helmets, insignia, uniforms, medals,

Women's Military Uniforms,Wisconsin Vocational School made Fighting Knives.

Military Shop Owner & Dealer in everything else~!

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Check out our Facebook page for updates and the latest Shop news!:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-Collectibles-Shop/171226792906875
Visit our website (and visit our shop if you are ever near Milwaukee, WI USA)
http://www.militarycollectorsHQ.com

See what Mr.Jerry has on eBay this week:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/mr.jerry/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=1&_rdc=1

I like the new policy so that the helper badge name matches the membership name tag. If nothing else, I like it just for the fact that I will no longer have to hold back giggles when I look at a 300 pound bearded linebacker with his "Third Reich Forever" T-shirt wearing a helper badge that says his name is Wendy. :)

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

I joined OVMS at the MAX. I also filled out the paperwork for a table at SoS. Several months ago I got my membership package but have not heard anything regarding the yea or nay on a dealer table for SoS. I emailed OVMS earlier this week (I'm sure they're busy) but have heard nothing back.

So...is anyone here in the same boat?

S/F

DM

I joined OVMS at the MAX. I also filled out the paperwork for a table at SoS. Several months ago I got my membership package but have not heard anything regarding the yea or nay on a dealer table for SoS. I emailed OVMS earlier this week (I'm sure they're busy) but have heard nothing back.

S/F

DM

Yup...same thing happened last year too. I asked for a table and...nothing. It was too bad as there were quite a few empty ones, but having flown to the show, there was no way to assemble a table's worth of stuff at the last minute.

Dave

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

Yup...same thing happened last year too. I asked for a table and...nothing. It was too bad as there were quite a few empty ones, but having flown to the show, there was no way to assemble a table's worth of stuff at the last minute.

Dave

Dave, you going this year?

donation2017.gif

S/F

DM

I am in the same boat regarding a table, I am sure they are busy, but I hope to hear something soon.

donation2015.gifdonation2018.gif

S/F

DM

I spoke with Greg today. Here's the deal.

There are (in theory) 50 or so tables left to fill. There are about 100 individual waiting list table applications, most of which are for more than one table. In the interest of fairness, they were logged as they were received, and Greg is contacting the applicants individually to get them locked in and placed. If one person says "no, I can't come", or simply can't be reached, then that table or tables get offered to the next people in line. If everybody wanted one table, it would be easy.. a batch of confirmations is sent out, those who confirm are good, those who don't loose out to the next guy in line, etc. However, that is not the case, so he must do this part in smaller batches. Why? When everybody has applied for different numbers of tables, as some are confirmed and some are not, that changes the nature of what is available to offer the next person in line. If three people cancel, opening up a total of 6 tables, then that means that the next guy with 2 is in, as is the person wanting 3, and then possibly somebody wanting 1. BUT, the guy next in line might have wanted 4, which means that before the others are contacted, that person's arrangements need to be locked in.

I'm probably not explaining it exactly right, but you get the idea. There's a system. When Greg described it to me, I got an instant headache. I understood, it made sense, was fair, and works.. but it sounds excruciating. In addition to this, at random intervals other people from last year are making the occasional cancellation, which means that their tables can be filled from the waiting list as well.

So, bottom line is you will be contacted if and when a table is available when it is your turn at bat. I know it isn't convenient; people need to be able to make travel plans, get time off of work, pack inventory, etc. BUT, it isn't for lack of effort or efficiency on Greg's part.

If you do NOT get a table, that's not the end of your last hope. Often there will be numerous last-minute (like the day before the show) cancellations that come in due to everybody's random unforeseen personal circumstances. Those are of course way too late to work the waiting list magic, so they become available Thursday at the the front desk. If you were left on the cold side of the window, and are planning on coming to the show to shop anyway, go ahead and bring 1 table worth of stuff, and see the front desk staff Thursday am for the possibility of a last-minute table assignment.

post-2-0-10415400-1477335312.jpg

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Alright we are only a month away! Am I the only one excited to weed through smelly old militaria for 2 1/2 days?

Who is all going?

donation2017.gif

I've got the Allentown Show the weekend before (13-14 Feb), so my weeding has to be geared toward two tables at Allentown, followed by 9 tables of worldwide orders, decorations and medals at Louisville the next weekend. Location to be determined by fickle fate.

Jeff Floyd

The universe is made up of neutrons, protons, electrons and morons

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

In looking at the map Bill posted, there seems to be a narrow path across the back of the hall. Are we going to be able to drive in to unload, or will it be a scrum like the gun show guys go through?

Jeff Floyd

The universe is made up of neutrons, protons, electrons and morons

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Ahhhhhhhhh so many SoS threads!

Here is a pic of my daughter and I riding the cars at Disneyland. If anyone sees me walking around lost and confused please point me in the direction of WWI CPO or Pre WWI enlisted Navy uniforms.

post-6259-0-86313400-1454597558.jpg

donation2017.gif

carnut63...I might bring a box of old Navy uniforms and not sure just how far they go back. Definitely at least WWI. I've had them for a long time from the vet's family and it is not my interest. Should be on row "W"...look for all of the women's stuff hanging up and ask.

Steve