Original Brown Flight Boots

Homer J

Found these in a locker at work today. Tag pretty much says what I know about them. Anybody have any more info?

post-159730-0-31955200-1451327117.jpg

Thanks, Doyler. That's pretty much what I was thinking. They have two different soles but I'm not sure which one was replaced. The right foot (Avon) seems to have more wear on but the left (Biltrite) looks very original too.

There is a name inside the right boot. Bob Miller. Pretty generic and not easy to dredge up any information.

Could be just a mis matched set.

Spoke to a surplus store operator once and he got in cardboard containers full of buckle boots back in the 60s.

One was left boots one full of right boots.He matched them by size and sold them.

northcoastaero

I would guess that the boots are from the mid to late 1960s because of the type of sole. The earlier ones had a light pattern sole. Also, these boots could be modified with the Vibram lug soles. There was a version of these boots with a zipper on the sides for use with the full pressure suit. The brown boots were replaced by the black ones during the late 1960s-early 1970s. Hope this helps.