choosing paints for first model kit in a long time

Ghost_ny

So my wife bought me some models for christmas and these will be my first models in about 20-25 yrs, alot has changed, theres alot of new colors and the detail has significantly increased in the models themselves. For my first build i am going to tackle an ersatz M10. I would like to do a diorama scene with this model in the future, but as of now i would like to take a few baby steps before i start running in the model world again...lol

Now i am faced with my first of (probably) many questions where i will be asking for some help from the more experienced model builders here. After receiving the ersatz M10 and unpacking and checking to be sure all the sprues and parts are in the box, I now begin to think about paint colors. The model directions are calling for GSI. Creos Corp. aqueous model colors, which i am not very familiar with. In the past i have always tried to stay with vallejo and have had nothing but success using vallejo colors. The big question is, does anyone know of a conversion chart for colors between manufacturers? Or does anybody know how i could go about using vallejo colors and retaining the accuracy of the paint for this build?? :blink:

I'm sure I have seen a color conversion chart on the Internet If you search model paint conversion chart ,I'm sure there will be plenty

Hope this might help somewhat !

LB