Winged dagger in a star patch

Maybe Japanese, kinda reminds me of the ww2 Japanese hat insignia.

Check out my eBay page, I sell military insignia and just about anything else I come across

Link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/fitzkeemilitaria/m.html?item=223497878518&hash=item340982fbf6%3Ag%3ASs4AAOSw-llcxhqe&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Please check out my web page as well for more items for sale

https://fitzkeemilitaria.com/

I've been looking for awhile this morning - no luck. How big is it?

I was thinking the khaki base lends itself to a temperate uniform, and the star is a big clue. I was searching Soviet, Turkish, Greek & Italian. I found a similar looking patch online from the IDF, but the star was 6-pointed.

At any rate thanks for the mystery, it's always fun to kill time searching for military insignia as I always end up off on tangents and inevitably learn something new.

Bob Davis
Secretary, Arizona Chapter, The Orders and Medals Research Society
ASMIC Member #5364, OVMS Member #11939
US Army Infantry 2001-2009, OIF/OEF Veteran

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I was thinking possibly Yugoslavian but I haven't found a match either.

Is it wool or heavy cotton backing? I'm really thinking it is some Commbloc insignia.

Always looking for WW1 28th Division; anything, papers, field gear, uniforms, etc.

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

It is about 2x2 inches. I do not have them yet....they were in a grouping that I just picked up. Almost every soviet patch that I found has the star but has the hammer and/or sickle too. I am baffled.

RD12: I agree. I love the Can U ID thread as I always learn things. Scavenger hunts are always fun.

Thanks for helping. I will post the backings on Friday.

I think we've pretty well established this is non-US, so I am closing the thread. If found to be otherwise, I'd be happy to reopen it.

Thanks!

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif