Winged dagger in a star patch

ocsfollowme

Can anyone ID this one? I thought it was british but I spent about 30 minutes scouring through websites and have come up empty.

Thanks in advance. It came with some other american patches.

post-122868-0-28211300-1450937561.jpg

I've been looking for awhile this morning - no luck. How big is it?

I was thinking the khaki base lends itself to a temperate uniform, and the star is a big clue. I was searching Soviet, Turkish, Greek & Italian. I found a similar looking patch online from the IDF, but the star was 6-pointed.

At any rate thanks for the mystery, it's always fun to kill time searching for military insignia as I always end up off on tangents and inevitably learn something new.

I was thinking possibly Yugoslavian but I haven't found a match either.

Is it wool or heavy cotton backing? I'm really thinking it is some Commbloc insignia.

It is about 2x2 inches. I do not have them yet....they were in a grouping that I just picked up. Almost every soviet patch that I found has the star but has the hammer and/or sickle too. I am baffled.

RD12: I agree. I love the Can U ID thread as I always learn things. Scavenger hunts are always fun.

Thanks for helping. I will post the backings on Friday.

I think we've pretty well established this is non-US, so I am closing the thread. If found to be otherwise, I'd be happy to reopen it.

Thanks!