Fatigue Uniforms, Part 2, US Army Vietnam

gwb123

Uniform of General Lollis, at one time commander of the 1st Logistics Command.

Interestingly the name is direct embroidered in subdued black thread while the rest of the uniform uses color insignia.

The nametape in black on OG came into use around September of 67 which was a few months before the Gold/black Army Tapes were changed to black/og. Jump wings and other insignia remained in white and full color for quite awhile longer.

Here's a mundane example of one of the lightweight shirts that were worn in-theater; I think these were private purchase(?). The sleeves are straight, no cuffs or buttons. This one's locally-made name tape was green but the crummy dye washed out:

post-257-0-10378100-1450809873.jpg

• 2 months later...

After reading all these post's on Jungle Fatigues i thought i would post mine. we were issued 4 sets of these OG 107 rip stop fatigue's with cap & jungle boots before leaving for Honduras in oct. of 1981 this is the only set i was able to hang on to. been in the closet for years. i had no idea anybody collected such. tag says they were made by macshore,inc. looks like a 1970 date. hard to read as the tags are pretty worn and faded. post-162235-0-70990300-1457600835.jpg they were new when issued. we used the pin on collar rank with these. Hope You All Like, Cav.

Patchrat, looking for an extra W.W.2 era 35th Infantry Division patch it was my grandad's unit. what do they go for these days? i have one original but it's on his Ike jacket. would you be interested in a trade for a couple of my 80's era 85th Div. patches? Pic. Attached 85th Div. Thanks, Cav.

post-162235-0-16329300-1457645896.jpg

• 5 years later...
On 12/21/2015 at 11:18 PM, e19 said:

The nametape in black on OG came into use around September of 67 which was a few months before the Gold/black Army Tapes were changed to black/og. Jump wings and other insignia remained in white and full color for quite awhile longer.

Was just browsing this thread, and noticed that I had mistakenly typed “67”.  It was actually 1966.

On 3/10/2016 at 4:20 AM, cavtrpr340 said:

After reading all these post's on Jungle Fatigues i thought i would post mine. we were issued 4 sets of these OG 107 rip stop fatigue's with cap & jungle boots before leaving for Honduras in oct. of 1981 this is the only set i was able to hang on to. been in the closet for years. i had no idea anybody collected such. tag says they were made by macshore,inc. looks like a 1970 date. hard to read as the tags are pretty worn and faded. post-162235-0-70990300-1457600835.jpg they were new when issued. we used the pin on collar rank with these. Hope You All Like, Cav.

....to add to this topic. This is a shirt I purchased at a surplus store while stationed at Ft Hood in 1981. Worn in the field both there and while stationed in Germany. Still goes to the shooting range now and then.

IMG_20210915_174427.jpg