3rd Division Master Sergeant's Group with Bring Backs

trenchbuff

Thought this group had some history worth posting. It belonged to a Master Sergeant who served with HQ, Third Division from their landing in North Africa, up the boot of Italy and from Southern France to Germany.

post-944-0-14597000-1450634199.jpg

post-944-0-20474900-1450634209.jpg

• 2 months later...

Awesome! I checked my copy of the 3rd ID history for you. M/Sgt. Robert E. Harris earned a Bronze Star on November 19th, 1943. He was with the 3rd ID HQ Detachment. Do you have any other photos in the group?

Awesome! I checked my copy of the 3rd ID history for you. M/Sgt. Robert E. Harris earned a Bronze Star on November 19th, 1943. He was with the 3rd ID HQ Detachment. Do you have any other photos in the group?

There are several other snap shots, but nothing other than him with a small group of soldiers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the great comments on this group. Have to say my favorite items are the US flag brassard and the map.

Rakkasan187

I don't know how I missed this the first time around, but this is a great grouping of artifacts..

The AH cuff title with RZM tag is stunning..

I have never seen the Italian Mothers Medal before, but similar I would imagine to the German Mother's crosses..

The small white cloth item in the bottom right of the first picture with the 3rd ID insignia, is this an ascot or scarf or just a handkerchief??

Leigh