2 Rocker 1st Sgt 1951 Style

KurtA

Found this in a pile of junk jewelry at the flea market last weekend. Can't figure it out. The lighting in my photo isn't so good, but it's a 1951 style chevron (OD green chevrons on blue twill), but has only 2 rockers (and it wasn't cut, as there is edging to the bottom). If there was a 3rd rocker, I'd just view it as a standard 1951 1st Sgt. All I can figure is it must be law enforcement chevron.

post-322-0-33909600-1450539897.jpgpost-322-0-97062200-1450539914.jpg

Sorry for the intrusion, but I have a question about two WW2 1st Sgt insignia that I acquired in a grouping recently. The grouping was framed, so I removed it from behind the glass to get better pictures. The left one is gold embroidered on twill, the other is green on felt (the colors in the pics are not exactly true). Both have black backgrounds, but when I rotate them at different angles, they almost seem to have a very, very dark blue color. They are sewn onto the red backing and I have not freed them to look at their reverse sides.

I should fiirst say that I have no provenance with this group. It was an estate sale find and the guy doing the sale said he had it for a while and kept forgetting to show it to me. It also came with several Italian ribbons mounted in a separate, itentical frame. Lots of questions remain with this grouping, but I'll start with insignia first.

So, are these legit two rocker 1st Sgt insignia, before they went to three rockers?

Thanks, Al

post-12790-0-23324700-1450645260.jpg

post-12790-0-37670100-1450645277.jpg

I have a Private First Class chevron (adopted in 1968) in the same style. My guess is this chevron (and mine) are Police or ROTC/Military School.