Battle of the Bulge Veteran geneology found x2

268th C.A.

He is a relative I just found yesterday while searching ancestry.com . Another one too add to the list below. Carey Grayson Elsea served with Co. I 194th Glider Infantry. 2 Purple Hearts, Bronze Star for Bravery under fire. Photo was taken in England while recovering from a second wound. I have not researched him yet. But thought it was appropriate to share as it is the Anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge.

post-87654-0-58319300-1450447745.jpg

Great photos. If you need any help researching the 29er, please PM me as I might be of assistance. It's also pretty neat to see his last name inked onto his Tanker Jacket

How common is the name Elsea? I know you were a bit excited when I listed that WW1 document signed by an Elsea.

Congratulations on finding a few more pieces.

These are also distant cousins. Both of these men are from Virginia, my home state.

The last name Elsea. is not too common, there are more than you'd think. We are imported from England. I trace my heritage to the Colonies. Virginia, Maryland. Migrating to Tennessee, Kentucky & mid west. Now were coast to coast.

Sully, I had actually researched Albert Elsea before the document You listed here. I now have framed on my wall. I was very excited to see it. He has two US patents under his name. He was in the 29th Division, 111th MG Co. A. He was a two time recipient of the DSC. One of his patents was a elevation & traverse mechanism for adjusting fire on the 1917 one mil click at a time. The other was a Turbo charger for radial aircraft engines. Both can be found on line under his name. He retired a Major.

Thanks for the comments guys.

P/S my Dads dog tags are out there some where. Richard Elsea. I would love to one day get them back. NOK. (stolen) no questions asked....

David Elsea

My Dad, rear center, 506th PIR.

Arrived just after DDay

Wounded at Eindhoven and reissued before the Bulge.

In Austria preparing for the Pacific

Just a 20 year old kid off the farm in 1945.

post-10868-0-75817300-1450514448.jpg

Here is my Dad. Pvt. Richard Elsea on Guadal Canal 1942-43 (20 years old)

SFMike...in your picture of your Dad. Airborne troopers living in the woods, but look at the shine on those boots "Proud" great picture

post-87654-0-15941000-1450522402.jpg

Those guys were notliving in the woods.

It was a company area established somewhere in Austria in or near a forest.

Used to have a lot of pics off them at te eagles nest, a concentration camp, etc.

Now gone.

If you had ever been a Paratrooper you would know about boots.

Also those are not field uniforms.

I still have that Ike Jacket.

Here is my Dad. Pvt. Richard Elsea on Guadal Canal 1942-43 (20 years old)

SFMike...in your picture of your Dad. Airborne troopers living in the woods, but look at the shine on those boots "Proud" great picture

Why does he look like he is wearing sailors clothing? Is it the photo? Looks like the blue denim bell bottoms and chambray shirt?