Aircraft seat ID....?

phantomfixer

northcoastaero

Need more images to possibly identify. Images especially of the back, headrest, and bottom base. I had some orange painted USAF crew seats a few years ago that looked similar. They were flight engineer and/or navigator seats from the C-119, C-124, B-36, and possibly C-97. The seats pictured look similar to the seats that I had, except for the tubular frame on the sides. My guess is that they are USAF seats? Are there any data plates? Will do more research.

Thanks North...this was the only image posted on a hotrod forum....and they were asking off handed for an IDI agree with a postwar multi engine plane seat....

northcoastaero

Some aircraft possibilities:

B-36, B-45, B-47, C-54, C-74, C-97, C-69/C-121, C-82/C-119, C-123, C-124, C-130, C-131, C-133, C-135/707, C-141.

The inertia reel lever on the left side of the seat bucket looks to be one from the 1950s-1960s and possibly used later also.

dig it.. I think I can rule out C130 and C141 seats, unless they were different when first developed... I can compare the seat to some in our Museum at DAFB...

Thanks for the help North

• 5 weeks later...

Look very similar to two seats I once that came from the passenger compartment of an ATC C-45 that had been used as a navigation trainer.

Is there an open box on the back to hold charts and check lists?

• 3 weeks later...