USMC Flag with Battle Streamers

dg0223

I know the answer to my question may very well be "no," but I was wondering...

Does anybody own a USMC (or any branch, for that matter) flag that has battle streamers attached to it? How difficult would it be to obtain a flag with battle streamers?

If anybody has one in their collection, can they please photograph it and show it off?

Thanks for your time.

I have several campaign streamers that were given to me a few years ago. They were found in a dumpster. I beleive that they are Navy and Marine Corps streamers.

Organizations are authorized a complete set of colors to include the battle streamers. These are issue items and they are supposed to be turned in when a unit deactivates or other circumstances, however there are known "extra sets" to be purchased by units.

These are not cheap by any means. I recently did some research to purchase a set for the NCO Museum and they were in excess of $27,000 dollars (That's twenty seven thousand) The Flags and streamers are both very costly..

I will have to post pictures of them when I get a chance..

Here is an old topic that has them pictured: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/111057-memorial-day-display-in-el-paso-texas/?hl=%2Bcampaign+%2Bstreamers&do=findComment&comment=827978

Leigh

check this link

http://www.supplyroom.com/us-military/army/flags-and-guidons/unit-organizational-flags/

The Supply Room send out hard copy catalogs to every supply room in the Army it seems. I used to see them in every unit I was assigned to. They offer all types of insignia etc.

The catalogs were a good way to ID current issues type items. They have several catalogs on line which you can down load for your self including streamers.

http://www.supplyroom.com/catalogs/

Here is an Air Defense Artillery Unit Battalion Colors at the NCO Heritage and Education Center at Fort Bliss, Texas. The unit came down and did a work project for us. After the work project we took the unit on a tour of the facility.

I had the unit post their colors at the front door. This is something new that I have the units do when they come to the museum.

The unit is 1-44 Air Defense Artillery, from Fort Hood, Texas

post-5554-0-65071000-1450196008.jpg

Leigh

Here are a few shots of the campaign streamers that were found in the dumpster. I will be framing these soon, as most of them are direct embroidered and some of the material is of a silk material. I do believe these are Marine Corps streamers due to the Expeditionary ribbon with the embroidered "W" for Wake Island..

Leigh

post-5554-0-59905000-1450237547.jpg

post-5554-0-48676900-1450237556.jpg

post-5554-0-18640600-1450237575.jpg

Wow that's a sharp looking flag. Now I understand why crates of new Middle East wars streamers went for so much at auction a few weeks ago. I didn't think there was a market for them since I didn't know what they were.

Leigh,

Do you think your streamers are from a single unit or a combination? If it was from one unit it might be possible to track them to a single organization. They look very much like they could be attributed to a Marine Battalion or Regiment. I'm thinking 4th Marine Regiment based on the Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal W and Southern Philippines streamer.

• 5 years later...

It took awhile, but I put together a complete set of the service flags with complete streamer sets. I have the displayed in my flag room. Next project...US Space Force flag with the streamers approved for it. Almost 450 streamers for these flags. I was able to buy a lot of old ones and ordered a few new ones to complete the sets.  CDE77288-5003-4F27-821D-AEC34A23B376.jpeg.0c0b781ceb45b2461cbc0e008f15641a.jpeg

23ACAB2E-FE6A-4B38-A808-DD6CF8A4127A.jpeg

2 hours ago, dhcoleterracina said:

Fantastic, hopefully your brother owns the framing shop. 

No kidding! I use a place in Columbus Ohio called Gallery Art Center. Each one of the small ones is about $300 but they’re archival quality matting and UV protective glass.