Arizona crewman id'ed

Costa

a short time ago on ebay there was a seller who had something that caught my eye on the spot. it was a buy it now and I jumped on it right away. it cost big bucks but, for this piece of history money is second place. it was a enlisted dress blue cap from a crew member who served on the Arizona. it was named and the search began. I wanted to id it in a bad way and didn't know where to turn. one thing lead into another until Dave put up a search engine and found 3 names that were possibilities.. all had the last name and first and middle initial. again where do you go to find the one who is it. the answer---------- GOLDEN ARROW! Geoff is great. bang he was found and T.J. Gibbons is in life Thomas James Gibbons right in the middle of the 3 names. he enlisted in 1920 and stayed till 1924 on the Arizona. Geoff found his record 38 pages worth with a gold mine of info. I will not put up the entire record, only a few pages. the only thing missing is a picture of him and picture of his burial site. I give Dave and Geoff a million thanks for their help which lead to this most happy ending.

post-73-0-95573200-1450122041.jpg

post-73-0-51535600-1450122080.jpg

post-73-0-42369700-1450122279.jpg

Now THAT is very cool! I thought the chances of finding the guy were going to be a needle in a haystack, but it worked out!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm confused. If three men had the same last name and first and middle initial, how did you identify the correct person?

Because only one of them served on the Arizona...the others didn't. Thus, the one who did serve on the Arizona was, most likely, the hat's original owner.

Because only one of them served on the Arizona...the others didn't. Thus, the one who did serve on the Arizona was, most likely, the hat's original owner.

I'd draw the same conclusion. What a rewarding research project and a wonderful score!