korean war usn pilot.

Niki

I'm trying to put a US NAVY display pilot together with the gear i collected by the years but i dont know if i'm doing a good job?

Looking for pictures on the web and i think i'm right with the gear i have but i am not sure.

Anybody have the knowledge if this display pilot is correct?

Also have three pair of gloves to put on the pilot but i'm not sure?

Like always with de knowledge on the forum i think that there is a person who can help my...

thanks.

post-158693-0-65930400-1450040903.jpg

post-158693-0-67210700-1450040919.jpg

Hi,

The APH-5 helmet you have is from early 60s, the first APH-5 delivered in 1956 were modified with black Sierra 345-30 mask receivers from 1961 to november 1963. The reflective tape on these helmets were added following BACSEB 1-60. For Korea operations you need a H3 or H4 helmet.

The brown leather flight boots you have were issued to USN pilot by july 1 1962.

Best

Croc

Hi croc,

I'm going to put a H-4 helmet on the display pilot and i will post a picture wen its done thx.

Would the A-6A boots be better then ? And what About the gloves?

Hi

The brown or yellow gloves are correct, brown gloves were deleted for crews only by june 1959.

About uniform the most typical Korea coverall is the MK3 anti exposure suit with boots

post-1289-0-22718600-1450219758.jpg

Best Croc

northcoastaero

Nice flight gear. The yellow Mk-II life preserver would probably be the version with two front pockets instead of four. There could be a whistle and a knife with sheath attached to the outside along with dye markers. The parachute was kept in the aircraft of carrier based planes. I believe the chute shown is USAF for use in the F-84 and possibly F-80/T-33. WWII type boondocker roughout boots could be used. The helmet would be the H-3 or possibly earlier H-2. I believe the H-4 helmet was introduced around 1953-54? The Z-2 or Z-3 anti-g suits would be worn underneath the anti-exposure suit. Flight suit could have been the tan khaki type. The oxygen mask would be the MS-22001 (A-13A) or A-14 depending on the aircraft. The MS-22001 would have a cloth strap assy. (not nylon) with a snap on each side for helmet attachment, hose end connector with a green bottom, ANB-M-C1 microphone with rubber cable with PL-291 plug. A shoulder holster with a Smith & Wesson

Victory Model revolver with a four inch barrel could be used. The liner for the H-3 helmet would have three snaps on each side for the mask

attachment and a spliced communications cable with a PL-54 black plug at the bottom. I forgot the designation for the earphone elements, but

they would be the thin black plastic type used with the earlier H series helmets. Hope this helps.

THANKS guys,only on the forum you can get this great info.

Did changed the flight helmet APH-5 with a H-4 and it looks better, the life vest MK-2 with two pockets that was spoken of, i did find it on the web yesterday.

The boots i have to find yet but in time it will be ok and would the A-6A boots be a problem?

Again thx guys!

post-158693-0-18139000-1450608069.jpg