Direct from vet camo paratrooper helmet

Eric Queen

My father got this directly from an 82nd AB vet the year I was born. No one wrote down or cared about names at that time. Here is a pic of it he took when he got it. 1964

E Queen camo 1 f.jpg

USCapturephotos

Hey Eric.

This would be a dream find for me as I collect vet bring back items and I had a very good friend now deceased who was a member of the 4th FJ 10th Regiment who was captured in Italy. He always told me how the first thing the GI's did when they captured him was grab all of his awards, his helmet and his most favorite possession, an expensive Italian pipe.

Hey on another note, send me a message when you can. I have a few good original photos from dog handlers in WW2 and Vietnam.

Take care,

Paul

I would like to see the comments if you posted them on another forum with the title " Is this FJ helmet original?" :D Im sure theyll say its a fake and after you have to say you got it directly from the vet and makefun of them.

Wonderful helmet....especially since it was from your father's collection. When I was a teenage collector in the mid 60's I knew a collector of camo helmets named

Bob who lived around the Long Beach area. Was your father's name Bob?

George