Prototype Wing or Sweetheart Piece?

cthomas

Not that they're remotely related, but there's a wooden wing/prop plaque currently listed on ebay (#371518194554) which had a similarly placed propeller before it was broken. (I know, it's a stretch!)

s-l16009.jpg

...I know, it's a stretch!

Russ,

Maybe not. Ideas can be strange--sometimes they propagate.

Long ago, I was stationed in Korea and two buddies of mine had some challenge coins made up with Eric Cartman on one side and Kyle Broflovski on the other. This was back before "Southwark" was as popular as it is now--in those days it was more of a cult-thing... Kyle's side said; "You sent me to Korea, you bastards!" and Cartman's side said "Screw you guys, I'm going home." Those coins proved to be pretty popular, for those of us stationed in the ROK, to be given away at "brown bean" parties for people heading off to their next assignment. Well, we also used to get a lot of Army, Navy and USMC come through Osan, and the challenge coin sellers outside the gate sold a lot of those coins over the years. The thing is, those Stan/Cartman coins are all over now, and have been updated for every deployment location there is. Ive seen recent Afghanistan morale patches with the same; "You sent me to..." design.

Somewhere, sometime, someone came up with this "raised propellor" idea. Others liked it, and this idea promulgated--leaving us scratching our noggins about it today!

Chris

'Wedgehead30' - Thank you for that analysis. It was spot on! I do appreciate your effort.

Russ, Chris -

Thank you guys for commenting as well.

To all that have commented thus far:

Together, we are all getting to the bottom of this enigmatic wing. After our most recent posts, I have a MUCH better understanding of what that wing was all about.

-Chuck