ITALIAN MADE USMC Ship Detachment Patch

Eric Queen

Engrossed by several high quality beers, I hadn't even noticed it was Italian...now that is certainly scarce to encounter!

Eric-

Not at all. At $288, I think you scored an excellent deal on a very rare patch variation. I think because most of the other variations of this patch typically sell in the $20 to $50 range, many collectors may have used that value range as some sort of misguided frame of reference for estimating the value of your patch.

Kurt

Interesting thoughts Kurt and you could very well be right. When you consider that common as dirt PIR patches (507, 502, etc.) consistently sell in the 300/500 range, I thought under 300 for this one was a steal. I honestly thought it would sell for much more. Never know with the bay I guess. Thanks.

Eric,

If you sew an airborne tab on it, it would be a $2,000 patch. :lol: I was struck by how similar this patch looked to WWII Italian-made 45th Division SSI's.

Great score!

Allan

You know, I was thinking the same exact thing Allan. I was looking at the English made 101 patch that Bill has on right now, Its over $1600 0.5 days into the auction. Scary to think where it will land.