Early Model Parson`s Knuckle Knife? Need Help

TALLYHO

Ok, Its my understanding, and correct me if I`m wrong, that Parsons first used the 1918 MK1 knuckle handle for his knives but abandoned them due to the weight. He then came up with a handle design made of aluminum similar to the Everett but beefier. Is it possible that there were MK1 handles cast in aluminum that were used prior to him settling on the handle that we are now familiar with? Also he used as one of his blade choices a late model F/S blade of which the dimensions match this blade.

I noted in a reference that the Sheffield F/S blades used, the spine or center line if you will drifts off center near the point as does this blade. As far as the USN and number marking at the pommel end of the handle goes, I have no idea. Perhaps a member can shed some light that as well as the possible origin of this fighting knife.

Blade length is 7 1/2". Width a the riccasso is 1 1/4". L.O.A (including skull crusher) is 12 1/4". Any info would be greatly appreciated.

post-6195-0-55426100-1449618638.jpg

post-6195-0-03679500-1449618663.jpg

I forwarded pictures of the knife to Kevin Parsons office. I received a reply stating from Kevin that he did not make this knife. So, its origin will remain a mystery, at least for now.

Frank Trzaska

Thanks for getting back and letting us know. It's still a cool knife but the mystery continues.

All the best

Frank Trzaska