An Admiral's S&W M39 Pistol with a SEAL Connection

Charlie Flick

Charlie Flick

Guys:

Take a look at this link elsewhere on the Forum:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/255163-remembering-admiral-vincent-de-poix-1st-co-of-the-uss-enterprise/

The thread is about the death of Admiral Vincent De Poix, who had a sterling Navy career. Fellow member Kwill noticed that thread and added to it with details on the Admiral's Model 39 9MM pistol which is now in Kwill's collection. I thought the gun guys on our Forum ought to see this really great pistol which was once owned by a legendary Naval officer.

Regards,

Charlie

blitzkrieg gsd

Thanks for the link I'm a very big fan of the model 39. My father was one of the first police officers in the city of Louisville to carry ones while on duty. At the time the late 60s most guys still favored there revolvers over autos. He was one that didn't even thow he keep a j frame as a back up to the model 39. He was involved in a couple,of gun fights with the model 39 and in both it performed flawless and got him home to my mother safe and sound. We still have the pistol in are collection and she shoots as straight as anything in it's class still to this day. It's one that will be keep till I take the dirt nap for sure.