Mike force Scarfs

kammo-man

As a footnote, after reading Adkin's book, then looking back at this photo, I found it amazing what my son wore that day , " Defenders Worst Nightmare" T shirt. The book went into great detail about the treachery and treason the South Vietnamese committed against the SF team at A Shau camp.

Adding to this fascinating thread. Last week we had CSM Adkins , MOH, at our Veterans Day event. He is still around and kicking, we both had an opportunity to speak with him for some time, but I could not take my eyes off his MOH knowing what it represented. His book mentioned in detail Mike Force at the 1966 A Shau battle, which resulted in two Medal of Honor awards, one to him, and another to the USAF Skyraider pilot.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Great photo... ;)

Just found this really interesting thread. First I am learning about these. There are lots of fascinating info buried in old threads on this forum. It's great when one of them bubbles up like this one.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just picked up these 3 scarves yesterday and thought I'd add these photos to this post. On page 3 of this post, 'SF Mike' referenced 'the professionals' (did not sound like he was a fan of Colonel Campbell), so I thought folks might like to see Col. Campbell's own scarves. The camo one is made of parachute, folded double and sewn. Bottom scarf has minor staining and appears to have been worn (note stains in close-up of embroidery). Top scarf does not look to have ever been worn. They are creased from storage (top scarf is symmetrical, top left is just folded). I also attached a photo of some original artwork that was in a 3-ring binder notebook of Col. Campbells, full of photos, again referencing 'the Professionals'. And I attached a pic of an autographed photo to Campbell from Westmoreland, also from one of the photo albums.

thumbnail_IMG_4125.jpg

IMG_4126.jpg

thumbnail_thumbnail_IMG_3178.jpg

thumbnail_thumbnail_IMG_2931.jpg

• 6 months later...