My 1944 M1 Carbine w/paperwork.

spagg

Thought I would share my M1 with you guy's. Picked it up about three months back with original paperwork from the buyer who purchased it in 1963. Purchase price was $17.50 plus $2.50 tax! Comments are welcome.

Receiver & barrel dates 8/44.
Front sight N
barrel band //
Milled rear sight PI
Trigger housing Inland
Stock & Handguard 01 plus Inland cannon cartouch.

post-10083-0-56236000-1449431088.jpg

Thought I would share my M1 with you guy's. Picked it up about three months back with original paperwork from the buyer who purchased it in 1963. Purchase price was $17.50 plus $2.50 tax! Comments are welcome.

Receiver & barrel dates 8/44.

Front sight N

barrel band //

Milled rear sight PI

Trigger housing Inland

Stock & Handguard 01 plus Inland cannon cartouch.

Photo 2

post-10083-0-16859800-1449431212.jpg

NRA SALE?? IF SO THEY SOLD MANY BACK THEN AT AN INSANE PRICE.

Yep, NRA sale for $20.00 through the Rock Island Army Amy depot in 1963. Bought as seen in photos.

It was a DCM sale... a part of the Army.. The NRA only handled the paperwork for its members. The rifles were in Army stock and shipped on a 'as possible' basis (that's why it took months to get one). They came without magazine, sling and oiler. I still have mine, a 6 million Inland with hand stamped "1".

It was a DCM sale... a part of the Army.. The NRA only handled the paperwork for its members. The rifles were in Army stock and shipped on a 'as possible' basis (that's why it took months to get one). They came without magazine, sling and oiler. I still have mine, a 6 million Inland with hand stamped "1".

What is DCM? I know that the carbine came out of the Rock Island Army depot back in 1963.

Charlie Flick

Spag, that is a handsome Carbine. Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.

Regards,

Charlie