New patch which I can't indentify

Capt.Confederacy

Capt.Confederacy

I recently bought a small bag of insignia and, for the most part, I was easliy able to identify them. However, there were a few pieces that I honestly don't know what they are. This is one of them. At first glance, I immediately thought that it looked like a weird variation of the 3rd infantry division patch. However, the differences are many including 1) it's larger than the standard WWII issue ones 2) it doesn't have the same number of cross bands and 3) the color schematic for the bands and background is obviously off.

There are some moth nips on the front of the patch, and it does look like is has some age to it. I'm thinking the time period is WWI to early WWII, but am flummoxed as to the identity of this little fellow.

Has anyone seen this patch before?

post-286-0-67778600-1449251309.jpg

post-286-0-67145800-1449251321.jpg

post-286-0-33079700-1449251332.jpg

Capt.Confederacy

British strike of some sort? Cloth copy of a plane tail marking? What all did it come with. Could be an ROTC patch also.

It came with a hodgepodge of what I think are all US derived pieces. For example, I got two sets of WW2 US Master Sergeant Chevrons, an unopened USAF ribbon bar in package circa 1960's, an USAF shoulder board, two strange stenciled name tapes, and a US Navy sleeve rate.

The colors for the chemical corps or the chemical warfare service are cobalt blue and yellow. The only early CWS patch not in these colors is the CW School patch.

One has to be careful with the claims and his/her money with that site.

The colors for the chemical corps or the chemical warfare service are cobalt blue and yellow. The only early CWS patch not in these colors is the CW School patch.

One has to be careful with the claims and his/her money with that site.

I just happened to be skimming that site and saw the listing. I never bought anything there or have heard of it's reputation.

Capt.Confederacy

I just happened to be skimming that site and saw the listing. I never bought anything there or have heard of it's reputation.

Thanks for the heads up. I've heard of that particular site, but everytime I go to it, my computer acts up so tend to stay away from it.