Complete M2 jungle kit

Username

Here is one I have been wanting for a long time now. A experimental double snapped M2 Jungle First Aid Kit. There is a photo a Marine or Soldier in the pacific and it is believed that he is using one due to the length of the pouch but I cant seem to find the photo. I only know of one person who has one and in fact he own's 2 of them. If anyone has one they would sell I would love to buy it.

post-104203-0-00449100-1449471135.jpg

post-104203-0-11517000-1449471139.jpg

I just noticed the frazers bottle in my kit is the early version with the shorter serial number. The Atabrine also has the longer label that seems to be more common in early kits, here is a pic of my current frazers bottle. I think it is the later 1944/45 version.

post-153820-0-96192800-1449520227.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just got the kit in the mail today, The pouch was almost entirely impregnated with repellent, so I washed it out with warm water and it looks good as new. I almost never wash gear, but this thing was kinda sticky and smelled terrible. I think the repellent spill happened a long time ago because the labels on the contents are completely dry, I think the sulfa pills have no wrapping because it probably disintegrated when it got soaked with repellent, and I see tiny flakes of foil stuck to some of the contents (circled in red).

The pouch turned out to be dated 1944, perhaps early 44 due to the contents? The Frazers bottle is really nice and more than half full. It also has the earlier five digit serial number.

post-153820-0-76826500-1450842433.jpg

hello

3 other sets , one bottle of frazer's look fake

jungle10.jpg

jungle11.jpg

pic of ebay sale , no pic of inside content !!! great catch with upjohn and atabrine pills

first_10.jpg

first_11.jpg

first_12.jpg

last one

jungle13.jpg

olivier

hello

3 other sets , one bottle of frazer's look fake

jungle10.jpg

jungle11.jpg

pic of ebay sale , no pic of inside content !!! great catch with upjohn and atabrine pills

first_10.jpg

first_11.jpg

first_12.jpg

last one

jungle13.jpg

olivier

Is this this the frazers bottle you think might be fake? It looks alright to me, other than a possibly replaced cap. The plastic ones seemed to leak and crack. ( refering to bottle in last pic )

I have a '43-dated M2 made by "Five Filer Bros.", so there's one more maker for the record.

Really neat to see all the "guts" laid out to see; thanks for the pics!

I have one made by XXXX XXXX Bros.

The insect repellant also leaked and has made the stamp bleed.

I guess the same maker. My pouch is also 43 dated.

I agree, doesn't look good to me either, and original labels where more glossy than this one.

hello
here strange bottle , paper look ok but bottle not good for me
marking duraglas GC 22 I 4

100_8418.jpg

100_8419.jpg

100_8420.jpg

100_8421.jpg

olivier

• 4 months later...

I thought that I would add to this thread with the one I found today. Please comment.

More pics to follow.

Thanks, Al

post-12790-0-19429100-1462148324.jpg

post-12790-0-17127200-1462148331.jpg

post-12790-0-94205600-1462148337.jpg

post-12790-0-33149600-1462148346.jpg

post-12790-0-91458600-1462148367.jpg

I thought that I would add to this thread with the one I found today. Please comment.

More pics to follow.

Thanks, Al

Wow!!! That's a nice one. Looks almost mint!

2ad82recon

Guys im looking to complete my M2 Jungle First Aid Pouch ...I have the insect repellent and field dressing if you have any spare items I would be glad to purchase them from you .

KInd Regards

Lloyd

2ad82recon

Can any of you guys tell me if KAY CANVAS is a legit maker or a bogus one please ?

regards

Lloyd

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

If its ok to post Vietnam era Jungle first aid kits in this thread, I got this one today as part of my plan to rebuild a SF guys BAR belt setup.

Its the second pattern version i believe, still has a majority of the contents plus some little extra bits like a fire starter tablet, P-38, fishing line and hooks and a razor blade. Plus what i believe might be a modern crepe bandage made by Beiersdorf but i can find references to them being made in the 70s.

I also bought it with a complete snake bite kit which i think is 50s era. I cant seem to find an exact list of contents that are meant to be in this kit and I'm not sure if the snake bite kit was meant to go in it.

post-117117-0-66736800-1463498716.jpg

Browninggunner688

Can any of you guys tell me if KAY CANVAS is a legit maker or a bogus one please ?

regards

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd.

From my list of makers and from what I have seen, KAY CANVAS is repro, made by Soldier of fortune here in sunny old England.

Hope this helps.

Nick.

Guys im looking to complete my M2 Jungle First Aid Pouch ...I have the insect repellent and field dressing if you have any spare items I would be glad to purchase them from you .

KInd Regards

Lloyd

I may have a few spares knocking about, I expect I've got the pill vials and the water tabs. May have wound tablets too.

Rich