American Nurse's Club Ferryville Tunisa 1943/1944?

mslurvey

I came across these two photos in my grandfather's collection and hoping someone can provide some background on what the American Nurse's Club was about and where it was located.

My guess is that it was located in Ferryville Tunisa 1943/1944 and I believe that the nurses were attached to the 114th Station Hospital. My reasoning is that my grandfather was a patient in the 114th Station Hospital (late 1943) after coming off the line in Italy (shell shock) and I remember him mentioning that there was a lake across from the hospital. So my logic is, how ever thin, is that the nurse on the right in each picture is one in the same and she is holding what looks like a fresh water fish in the bottom picture. How's that for a stretch!

Mason

post-144745-0-43901100-1449196453.jpg

I did a google search on "American Nurse's Club" and found instances where one is mentioned in some books as being in London. There certainly could have been more than one but the only reference that I have found was London.

It could be the same nurse in both pictures but the smile and chin in the second one looks larger than the smile and chin in the first picture. It could be because of the strain of being on the front lines causing the difference.