ID'D UNIS P41 jacket 4th Marine Division

Hi all,

Here is a UNIS P41 I picked up a couple weeks ago, Marked 213 for Ordnance Company, 4th Service Battalion, 4th Marine Division."J.C. Jadlocki" is stamped on the inside by the collar on this P41. I was able to find a bit about him on ancestry and based on his over-seas service dates of January 1944 to October 1945, I would guess he served through all WWII 4th Marine Division battles. I also found his son's address through ancestry so I will make an attempt to get in contact with his family!

What is strange about this jacket is that it is stamped "2" for rank before "1" even though he was promoted to Corporal in 1943. I have no explanation for this.

John

post-153324-0-42645700-1449149334.jpg

post-153324-0-15199300-1449149335.jpg

post-153324-0-70941700-1449149335.jpg

post-153324-0-77739300-1449149336.jpg

Raidercollector

Now that is a nice find, Get his file,Should be interesting.Try to talk to his family.Those are so hard to find for the 4th division.

Nick

Wonderful shirt John, and fascinating about the rank! Could it be a later rank stamp with different ink that didn't last as well??

Thanks for showing, Graham

ViewfinderGyrene

Man, keep us updated! Maybe the family will know if the vet ever mentioned it having been the one he wore in combat!

Thanks for the kind comments gents! This is the first time I've found the family of an item so this should be an interesting first shot at getting veteran history. I will keep this topic updated if I find anything out.

Graham, you could very well be correct. Looks like there's another stamp of 213 and the half circle as well.

John