Some of my collection.

alissajjeep

I realize i shouldn't wear the black tie with this, but it was part of a fashion show highlighting women during WWII, and in my fast change i forgot to remove it.

Robswashashore

Very impressive! And a rather neglected historical aspect of women's services. Thank you for sharing. My husband's aunt was in the Cadet Nurse Corps. Here is a picture of them marching down Boylston Street in Boston during the War.

post-12350-0-57521200-1449139940.jpeg

P.S. Were your seams straight? ;)

Great photo! I have only gotten to meet one cadet nurse. You aunt in law must have some great stories! I also hope me seams were straight!

Great collection! My old pastor's mom was a cadet nurse at the tail end of WWII. Great lady to talk with, especially since I'm a new nurse, times really have changed in the nursing world!

I imagine they don't pay you to go to school any more? Also id think you must need to know so much more now! I'm sure she had some great stories!

That's the Farmington show, correct? I set up at that show last year as a dealer. All the ladies did a great job and looked great. I hope you come to next years show as well. Very nice uniforms by the way.

Thank you! We all worked very hard on that. Sadly i don't think there's an event at that location next year. But I'm sure we will see you at the next thing!

Wait, now I'm confused (although that's easily done). I take it you women are in the same group/ organization/gang. Always interesting to see what you've found.

I guess I remain amazed by both of you. -- especially when the uniforms fit both of you so perfectly and that such collections remain out there six plus decades after the war.

Some of the things are complete groupings issued to one person, others i have had to put together to make a complete uniform. Thank you thought. We try very hard to keep things together, and the history alive.