US Special Forces Advisor to Boliva

Sully

I acquired quite a bit that belonged to single SF soldier. Mixed in with the normal jungle fatigues and ERDL was this set.

I know to buy the item but the story with this set is that he was involved in the raid that killed Che Guevara.

Bolivian made uniform, jacket and pants. Similar to either our woodland or ERDL. All pockets have exposed buttons.

post-131982-0-16191100-1449010335.jpg

Interesting uniform. Che was killed in 1967, which probably pre-dates the uniform. It looks like a few that were involved in his capture were wearing od jungle jackets (Bolivian Special Forces). The CIA were involved as well.

Interesting uniform. Che was killed in 1967, which probably pre-dates the uniform. It looks like a few that were involved in his capture were wearing od jungle jackets (Bolivian Special Forces). The CIA were involved as well.

I figure that as well. The Bolivians didn't even adopt this camo till the early 1980's. SGT Gregg served from the early 60's to the mid 80's. He could have been involved but not in this uniform.

As a collector of Central and South American militaria, I have to say this is one of the best uniforms I have seen in quite some time. GREAT set.

• 3 months later...

There were some USSF people involved in training and advising the Bolivians during this period and episode.

They were not directly involved in the apprehension and execution of Che.

There are a couple known BS'rs who have run around alluding to having been "somewhat involved."

I served with one of them in VN. A good guy with a fine record, but a pathological liar.