doinworkinvans

How do you enjoy your collection?

Those command flags are outstanding! I love the way you have presented all in such a professional manner. I see you are new to posting. Would you mind telling us something

about yourself? You certainly have good tastes. Jack

donation2007.gifdonation2014.gif

USS Ranger, Greg Boyington, Adm King, Adm Nimitz, Adm Leahey, Adm Halsey

Do the commissioning pennant and Union Jack pieces have provenance tying them to a ship?

What a fantastic display!

I do not profess to be a militaria expert, but I conduct as much research as I am capable of and then write about my findings.
Check out my blogs, The Veteran's Collection (general militaria) and Chevrons and Diamonds (military baseball)

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

I really love your flag collection! Nice displays as well!

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate it. I love flags! The small car flags are easy to display and the embroidered ones have the same detail work as the large sized ones.

Do the commissioning pennant and Union Jack pieces have provenance tying them to a ship?

What a fantastic display!

Thank you. I appreciate the comments. Unfortunately, the Jack and Comm Pennant were not named. They are NY Naval Yard flags, and appear to be WW2 era in manufacturing detail.

Those command flags are outstanding! I love the way you have presented all in such a professional manner. I see you are new to posting. Would you mind telling us something

about yourself? You certainly have good tastes. Jack

Thanks Jack,

I have been collecting US military flags for about 6 years, and have had a life-long interest in all types of flags probably due to my scouting days. . I have made some very good "flag-friends" who have helped me to understand what the authentic military flags look like. Several forum member/dealers have sold me some very cool flags. With their guidance and input I have learned what to look for when picking flags. My collection spans the late 1800's to modern. I absolutely love the Quartermaster Depot made flags the best. The vintage embroidery is like painting with thread. The eagles on a fully hand-embroidered regimental or command flag look like they could fly off the banners. I have accumulated an extensive variety of command & positional flags, organizational flags from all branches, unit colors & guidons and naval flags. The photos I shared include several prized pieces but there are many more I just can't display. As with many other serious collectors on the USMF, I could have a very nice militaria museum display, specializing in flags. I'm in the process of documenting and cataloging the collection which has over 700 flags of different types and sizes. In the future I hope to create an online "museum" of sorts so the flags may be shared with those interested in flags.

TD

My collection focuses in two areas, early World War II in the Pacific, essentially Philippine Scouts/31st Infantry-related items with a recreated kit, and Japanese civilian/civil defense. I use the two collections for giving presentations at our local Navy base schools and have shown it all off for an exhibition in town. Because most of the early World War II gear was World War I-issue, I also put together a World War I uniform and kit to do presentations on Choctaw Codetalkers as well. The collections were started and exist pretty much to support the presentations, though at this point its like moving a small museum every time I take them to schools. I find having these really creates interest and helps kids remember what I talked to them about.

Hello fellow collectors!

Here is my way of enjoying my Collection:

Starting from the top theres my M1 Helmet which went from WW2 until Vietnam and my new 1.Lt. Helmet with the japanese helmet net. Inbetween of both is a picture of a relative from my family who was a pioneer General in WW2 and a friend of Rommel.

In the middle, starting from the left is the shoulder badge of the old uniforms from the "Bundesgrenzschutz" now "Bundespolizei" - "Federal Police" in which I'm a officer.

Then there's my netted M1 belonging to Henry W. Lord, and a Vietnam Era, but used by US Forces stationed in Germany, M1 with cover.

Inbetween is a framed Picture of Wilhelm II. the last Emperor of Germany which he personally signed in 1909. There are also two Iron Crosses. One from WW1 and the Right, with the Picture of my grandfather, from WW2 which he earned.

The last row shows a M17 helmet alltogether with a Prussian Pickelhaube. Inbetween is the Iron Cross first class from my great grandfather which he earned in WW1 and a trench art made cigar ashtray made in 1915 in the St.Quentin sector.

The small golden coin is a 20 "Mark" coin with Wilhelm II. on it.

The medal on the Right in the middle is the "Bundesverdienstkreuz" a federal republic of Germany Medal for extraordinary work, also belonging to my grandfather and his shoulder rank and collar mirror.

Blueprint

post-180902-0-42291100-1564221206_thumb.jpg

Collector of used and ID'd M1 Helmets

donation2019.gif

Not bad!

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif