Tough 'Ombres, 90th ARCOM, belt buckle

In 1990, the 90th Army Reserve Command [ARCOM] mobilized approximately 3,000 troops to participate in Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm. So they must have made a few extra just in case.

4000 were made. Some went to stateside support personnel. And the were a few units like us which did not mobilize with the 90th. I was in the 362th Psyop Co. There were 13 of us mobilized and detached from the 362nd and attached to the 13th Psyop Group then we were then detached to the 1st AD.

Greetings,

There is another variant of this buckle that was produced after the First Gulf War. I don't remember the significance but everyone in the Division recieved one (we called it a Division per the CG's I served under). It was just the TO with "proper" ARCOM title and no other embelishments; came in a cellophane wraper. I think there are some other 90th guys out there that remember receiving this back in '94-'95 (?). I'll have to dig through footlockers at the other house but will post a picture if I can find it.

Best,

Peter