SS officer sleeve eagle in vets letter to parents.

blackhawkdown

blackhawkdown

He was the inventory sheet. The handguns are long gone, but he does mention them in his letters. I think the little holster I have may have been for the .25 cal auto.

post-2370-0-73534000-1448762598.jpeg

One more, how about some plane ID's?

The plane in the lower left is a twin engine Heinkel He-111....I think the one to the right is some sort of Junkers plane....Bodes

post-2370-0-73080500-1448761294.jpg

Here a couple of photos of the vet with abandoned aircraft

This one looks like a Heinkel He-219, a pretty sophisticated night fighter and pretty rare these days. I think there are only two in existence -- one restored at the Smithsonian Udvar-Hazy Center and another recovered from the sea bed off Denmark that is supposed to be undergoing restoration.

USCapturephotos

Looks like a bunch of Ju 88s in there too. Look closely for radar on the fronts as some of those may be night fighters. I have a friend who could identify that airfield/collection point. I think it may be one of the famous collection points near Munich? This group gets better and better. Thanks again for sharing with us.

Paul

Here a couple of photos of the vet with abandoned aircraft

I believe your first photo is an ME-410, the late war successor to the ME-210.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Me_410

The HE-219 had a less complicated canopy structure and also had a nose wheel. The aircraft in your photo appears to be resting on a tail wheel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinkel_He_219

Below is a captured ME-410. Note the rear facing weapons.

Me_410.jpg

The plane in the lower left is a twin engine Heinkel He-111....I think the one to the right is some sort of Junkers plane....Bodes

post-2370-0-73080500-1448761294.jpg

The aircraft with the GW is a Heinkel HE-111.

The light colored aircraft in the center is a JU-88. It looks like it is equipped with radar antennae in the nose, and it was probably used as a night fighter.

If you look behind the GI you will see a nose down ME-262 jet fighter... the tail is quite distinctive.

The biggest mystery in this photo is what is the aircraft he is standing on. The wing is raised higher than the JU-88 immediately behind him, so this had to be a very tall aircaft. There were not that many of what we would consider large aircraft in the Luftwaffe inventory, so it would be curious to figure out what this might have been.

Great grouping with lots of documentation that ties it all together. Don't break it up.

Those 2 SS eagles are fantastic. One SS metal cap eagle and one bullion sleeve eagle.

I love seeing groups like this...Thanks.

That is really a stunning group!

As an SS collector myself, it is stunning to see a patch like that with bring back documentation.

That is kind of an different embroidery pattern that would be left alone by many if it were at a show. The gorget is great too. Just be careful as that luminous paint is toxic.

Congratulations of a stellar group!

I believe your first photo is an ME-410, the late war successor to the ME-210.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Me_410

The HE-219 had a less complicated canopy structure and also had a nose wheel. The aircraft in your photo appears to be resting on a tail wheel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinkel_He_219

Below is a captured ME-410. Note the rear facing weapons.

I think you are right on the ME-410. Good catch!

blitzkrieg gsd

The sleeve eagle is very different from most that I have seen in the past. Jerry could you give us a little more info on that type of eagle? I understand what you mean about it being left alone if it was for sale at a show. It's very different from most of the ones I have saw. I'm just wondering if it a rare version that was only made at a certain time or a short while?

blackhawkdown

I would be curious about other comments on the eagle, I myself have never seen one like it on forums. It is however 100% legit.