Strange M1 Carbine pouch

fordmustanggt_350

fordmustanggt_350

Hey guys,

So I came across this pouch and have read and looked around quite a bit and have not run across anything similar. It is a Avery 1944 made M1 carbine pouch. The strange thing is that the edge is trimmed in what appears to be nylon or dyed para cord. It appears that it was purposely made by Avery as it does have the same colored thread on the body of the pouch as well as the trim. Has anyone seen one of these? Was there a reason for this?

Respectfully,

Kevin

post-2569-0-89979600-1448482745.jpg

Is it possible these where assembled post war? At some point all field gear was just cut out patterns, Perhaps these where left over stock that where finished for korea. Most of these I have seen are dated 1945, Never seen a 44 dated version, very cool.

I have a 1944 dated meat can pouch made of the same construction material this is made of its material they were experimenting with.

Nice pouch, I think most canvas collector also over look the WWII Australian Made US Army carbine pouches as well.

Pat_from_Brix

I have one pouch from Avery with Nylon edging, also dated 1944. From what I've seen, this variation can have either brownish or greenish Nylon edging and be dated 1944 or 1945.

Pat