Did a little work on my M1 Carbine replica.

strawberry 9

I picked up a nice M1 Carbine replica from the forum. Its a Denix and a good looking replica but I thought I would do a little work to it. I disassembled it and stained the stock a slightly darker shade. Then I roughed up all of the edges on the metal to give it that field used look. Finally, I added a sling and buttstock ammo pouch. I'm hoping to pick up the Thompson replica soon also for displays.

post-100432-0-87525500-1448331686.jpg

No before pics. I actually didn't think of that. It was a basic Dinex replica though. Looked good, just wanted it a little more beat up lookimg?.

Nice work!.......i recently picked up an old Japanese replica 1911 and its pretty beatup but i love it that way for display, got a few ideas for it too.......mike

Nice work!.......i recently picked up an old Japanese replica 1911 and its pretty beatup but i love it that way for display, got a few ideas for it too.......mike

Here you go Mike. Here's a hole rack of those Japanese dummy .45's. One side shows guns that I have installed original .45 grips. The other side shows the basic grips that came on the guns. You can't just take the original dummy grips off and add the real grips. You have to use drill tap and die equipment. But when it's done the guns look a lot better.

Ronnie

post-7752-0-30378400-1448438866.jpeg

post-7752-0-97146300-1448438875.jpeg

Awesome display!...i will get a pic of mine up soon, i want to put clear grips with a pinup photo under grips for display, i ordered clear grips but of course the holes dont line up, maybe i will try drilling new holes like you have, hadnt thought of that!....mike

It isn't that difficult Mike. Just have to have the tools. You also may have to shave a very tiny bit off the bottom of each grip.

If you like I will get a photo of mine without the grips on so you can see where to drill. There really isn't but one place.

Ronnie

sorry to hijack the thread, heres a shot of the replica 1911 with modified clear pinup grips, took ma little work like ronnie said but it wasnt too hard and it was fun and i love the results!...mike

post-350-0-39477400-1448828329.jpg

Awesome job Mike. Impressive. I have a 1911A1 that I picked up from the vets widow with plexiglass grips. His had no photo underneath but I imagine that it did at one time.

You really did a good job.

Ronnie

Oh and btw Mike one more thing. I took one of my dummies to a jeweler and had him engrave US Property and a serial number. Would have been great but he made the letters a bit too small.

Ronnie

Johan Willaert

Nice, how did you sculpt those plexi grips....

Still have an old RMI replica M1911A1 that I would like to add plexi grips to...

Thanks

Johan