USMC 1/9th The Walking Dead Duffel Bag from the flea market

Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior

My knowledge of modern items is very limited and I usually don't pay much attention to it. With that said I purchased a duffel bag full of stuff that belonged to a 1/9th Marines that was in Iraq. I paid $90.00 for everything and I believe I did alright, I hope??

post-1412-0-46257700-1448320092.jpgpost-1412-0-26099600-1448320259.jpg

Manchu Warrior

A new Molle vet and other items to icluded a nice new M16 cleaning kit, that didn't have anything that nice when I was in the Army.

post-1412-0-86956200-1448320464.jpgpost-1412-0-31068500-1448320471.jpg

Manchu Warrior

A Camelbak and a USMC Hydration System. The Camelbak is dirty but neither have been used. Y\Two new caps and a tarp and a medics bag.

post-1412-0-59418300-1448320589.jpgpost-1412-0-03271400-1448320611.jpg

Manchu Warrior

A Pentagon Light that I at first thought was some type of new night vision. It hasn't been used and I not sure if it goes on a weapons system or on a helmet. A bracket for night vision that doesn't fit on the new Army helmet I recently purchased. So I assume it goes on the older Kevlar helmet. I believe that the bag came form a storage auction and there are a few other odds and ends but no personal stuff. So, what do you think how did I do?

post-1412-0-48509300-1448321143.jpgpost-1412-0-84043900-1448321158.jpg

Light is a rail mounted light, likely predated the PEQ-16 that incorporates the visible floodlight, and is standard issue to infantry units. Not infantry units are issued the PEQ-15 which lacks the visible flood. Both of my tours in Iraq we had Surfires mounted on our M16/A4s with those pressure switches for use in room clearing.

Lots of private purchase gear. Holster fits the M9, it is one of the cheaper priced commercial variants lots of guys opted for over the suicide holster that's issued. Those cleaning kits are very limited in issue...generally to Staff NCOs and officers as they have pistol cleaning pieces in there (the fiber optic candy cane, for instance). They are available for about 40 bucks at the PX and I own my own, as we still issue the typical kit they've been issuing for decades. Tri-color desert camelback is private purchase, the Coyote one is the 2nd generation, we've since moved on to a 3rd gen but those are still available at the PX. Did you buy a MICH helmet? Those NOD brackets don't fit on them, they fit on the LWH's

Manchu Warrior

Light is a rail mounted light, likely predated the PEQ-16 that incorporates the visible floodlight, and is standard issue to infantry units. Not infantry units are issued the PEQ-15 which lacks the visible flood. Both of my tours in Iraq we had Surfires mounted on our M16/A4s with those pressure switches for use in room clearing.

Lots of private purchase gear. Holster fits the M9, it is one of the cheaper priced commercial variants lots of guys opted for over the suicide holster that's issued. Those cleaning kits are very limited in issue...generally to Staff NCOs and officers as they have pistol cleaning pieces in there (the fiber optic candy cane, for instance). They are available for about 40 bucks at the PX and I own my own, as we still issue the typical kit they've been issuing for decades. Tri-color desert camelback is private purchase, the Coyote one is the 2nd generation, we've since moved on to a 3rd gen but those are still available at the PX. Did you buy a MICH helmet? Those NOD brackets don't fit on them, they fit on the LWH's

I purchased an ACH helmet and as you can see the bracket doesn't sit flat against the helmet. Honestly, I have to admit that its been more than a decade since I have used night vision but I don't recall it fitting as such. I also have a couple of PASGT helmets and I hate to admit it but I don't even know were to begin to look for them. So I just assumed it was for the older version. I also did not know that they now make different version helmets for the USMC and Army. I also appreciate all the information you gave me. There was also fifteen magazines or so in the bag that really caught my attention. Thanks again!!

post-1412-0-06116700-1448324804.jpg

Manchu Warrior

I didn't share the bad part. The gentleman I purchased the bag form said there was also about twenty-five or so uniforms that came with the bag. He stated that most of them were new with tags. He put the uniforms out for a few weeks and no one purchased any of them. So, you ready for this? He was tired of hauling them around so he bagged them up and put them out with the trash. I'm a sentimental old fool and therefore I almost cried when he told me what he had done. I appreciate the kind words. Thanks!

doinworkinvans

Wonder how many people clicked this because it said The Walking Dead like I did?? :P

how big is that tarp?!

Manchu Warrior

Wonder how many people clicked this because it said The Walking Dead like I did?? :P

how big is that tarp?!

I was hoping the size was on it but it wasn't so I had to measure it and its measures 90" by 80" and its cold outside. But enough of my whining.

post-1412-0-00470100-1448374195.jpg