Toptex flight helmet score from yesterday

littlegto

I found this at the Leavenworth, Kansas militaria show yesterday. I traded an SRU-21/P survival vest for it. This looks to me like a Toptex flight helmet. The visor itself looks like it is from a P-4 helmet but the visor arms and mounts are clearly Toptex. There is no liner and no earcups. The earphones are present along with the wiring and the helmet has a really nice pair of Hardman bayonet receivers. I only had about $20 bucks in the survival vest I traded for it so I couldn't pass it up for that price.

post-150534-0-88859800-1448220852.jpg

post-150534-0-03165800-1448220859.jpg

The visor system is a 1952 Lockheed patented device. It was used on the Toptex from that period. I think your helmet is a Bill Jack Scientific "Flight Sound" helmet. This helmet would have a foam rubber inner helmet and few of these liners survive.

The visor system is a 1952 Lockheed patented device. It was used on the Toptex from that period. I think your helmet is a Bill Jack Scientific "Flight Sound" helmet. This helmet would have a foam rubber inner helmet and few of these liners survive.

Thank you for the information Bluespicker! I didn't even think of the Bill Jack helmet. I was focused on the visor system. I did compare this helmet to the Toptex I have and I noticed some other differences as well.