Purchased this at a local auction a few years ago.There was an odd mix of military items and not sure if it was the vets or stuff someone collected.Ended up with some various items and the statue.Never researched the veteran.

Tip of the rifle was broken but have the piece.Thought of repairing it.

post-342-0-04846700-1448087868.jpg

post-342-0-26440300-1448087881.jpg

Interesting Ron, how would you go about the repair?

I have the tip of the barrel.Thought about trying to drill a small hole in each piece then pin it with a small wire and JB weld or see if JB would work alone.Also could build up the area with JB or epoxy putty and form a tip.

I have the tip of the barrel.Thought about trying to drill a small hole in each piece then pin it with a small wire and JB weld or see if JB would work alone.Also could build up the area with JB or epoxy putty and form a tip.

I don't know about that Ron...you might should take it to a Gunsmith.

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried all the various glues over the years from JB Weld to several super glues, none ever worked well. Recently I tried the Laser Glue that they are currently selling on TV. I had a metal model that the prop broke off at the base. A couple drops and hit it with the laser for about 5 seconds and it held. I can even pick up the plane by the broken prop and it holds. Still not convinced I tried it on a statue that my wife had broken. The arm was completely broken off, again a couple drops laser for a few seconds and it's as good as new. You might want to give this a try, stuff cost around $19 for two tubes with the laser attached. I'm sold on it for now. Once finished you can't see the glue, its clear. but can be painted or sanded if necessary.

Terry