WWII USMC Women's Grouping Retired 1972

gfryman

A grouping I picked up some time ago, never had a chance to photo. If someone could help me with value as well, that would be appreciated, I know nothing about women's service items value. Fascinating group, she served as a telephone operator during the war, went home after, and was invited to re-enlist in 1948 I believe. Appears from the orders (of which there are several folders) she was assigned to the team designing dress blues for the women. Later went on to be a recruiter in the late 50s. early 60s (some pamphlets from that era as well) in Pittsburgh. Many newspaper clippings of her recruiting efforts. Also some marketing stuff she designed for her recruiting included. Good Conduct Medal is named, 2 sets of dog tags as well!

post-159860-0-97134900-1447965036.jpg

post-159860-0-18205000-1447965042.jpg

Nice grouping! It's kind of difficult to put a price on this as it is any grouping. The post war items such as the two hats are not worth much except as part of a nice grouping, if that makes sense. Good value in the dog tags and some of the papers plus medals(any named?). I collect a lot of woman's groupings and I think along the lines of $225+ but I could be way off. A lot of stuff I can't see very well.

Either way....thanks for posting and enjoy!

Steve

Thanks for the great photo. Named Woman Marines Good Conduct Medals are scarce.

Here is a link to an auction site that sold this stuff in February 2014. It looks like it brought $750 which seems a little high to me.

http://www.auctionzip.com/auction-lot/UNIFORM,-MEDALS,-AND-MILITARY-ARCHIVE-OF-PIONEER_F68827DAEC/

All the uniform items appear to be post war. The photos, paperwork, and ephemera are interesting. I think $400 would be what I would want to pay for everything. The sheer volume of stuff could be a turn-off to some. Just my thoughts.

Semper Fi,

Bruce Linz

Here is a link to an auction site that sold this stuff in February 2014. It looks like it brought $750 which seems a little high to me.

http://www.auctionzip.com/auction-lot/UNIFORM,-MEDALS,-AND-MILITARY-ARCHIVE-OF-PIONEER_F68827DAEC/

All the uniform items appear to be post war. The photos, paperwork, and ephemera are interesting. I think $400 would be what I would want to pay for everything. The sheer volume of stuff could be a turn-off to some. Just my thoughts.

Semper Fi,

Bruce Linz

Actually didn't sell for that price. Someone didn't pay for it and I bought it the next day for about half. I thought that was a good price. But it literally has been in the basement since then.

I would say start it in the $450 dollars range, there is a bit more of a limited amount of people who collect women's stuff as opposed to mens but you dont see this type grouping everyday and if someone wanted it you could certainly do well. Also she looks like one tough woman.

teufelhunde.ret

Semper Fi,

Bruce Linz

Agree...