388th bomb group (H) pilots uniform.

aussie digger

aussie digger

Hi All,

Here is a uniform that I found on ebay split into several lots by the seller. This uniform belonged to Otis C I.n.g.e b r i t s o n, Originally from Wisconsin.

I need to do some more research but I believe he served as a pilot in the 388th bomb group (H) flying B-17s.

His obituary states he flew 25 missions and was awarded a DFC with OLC and AM with 3 OLC. After the war he went on to work for NASA.

The uniform has a nice stubby wing 8th AF patch and British made ribbon bar.

Thanks for looking

Jason.

post-51559-0-16488000-1447896814.jpg

Salvage Sailor

Dude!

That belonged to "Dingle", 'Wing Ding's' pilot from his first tour. Eugene Carson, Wing Ding, was my neighbor for many years and I have most of his notes, research and original 388th BG histories used for his book.

Another well known member here also used to correspond with Carson prior to this death.

http://www.justinmuseum.com/milbios/ecarsonbio.html

aussie digger

Wow, that is outstanding! Thank you, I never would have imagined id be able to read of his 25 missions!

I just spent the evening reading that entire book, it must have been a real honor knowing "wing dings"

Thanks

Jason

Salvage Sailor

Aloha Jason,

Glad to help out. He even noted in his book the details of when and where the photo above was taken as they completed their missions. Nice that they included their fallen Bombardiers dog in the celebration.

.......so which one of us got Dingle's medals, leather flight jacket and mittens?