USMC marked equipment 1950´s

poch

Hey guys,

can you tell me what equipment was made for USMC in 1950´s? I have seen only M1 rifle (Garand) belt and canteen cover. Is there anything else? Thanks for any information.

My 1950's dated USMC gear.

Canteen cover, blanket, shelter half and shovel cover are all dated 1952. Compass/first aid pouch looks to be dated 1958 but it's tough to read.

Tim

post-192-0-35224300-1447807088.jpg

I have 3 USMC marked shovel covers, I couldn't get the photo to upload :(

You don´t need to post photo just send one cover to me :-)

there is a sleeping bag comforter used by the USMC...zips up like a bag and can be unzipped and used as a blanket..label reads sleeping bag comforter...I am thinking this was a USMC item only??? ..When researching them, they came up as Marine Corps Items...true???

the bag side zips like the USAAF A-3 bag

there is a sleeping bag comforter used by the USMC...zips up like a bag and can be unzipped and used as a blanket..label reads sleeping bag comforter...I am thinking this was a USMC item only??? ..When researching them, they came up as Marine Corps Items...true???

the bag side zips like the USAAF A-3 bag

Forgot about that. I had, and probably still have one of these somewhere. From what I remember, it is very similar to the non-USMC marked cover. If I find it, I will take a Photo.

• 10 months later...

Interesting. I don't know much about Marine equipment. But have always been curious about why earlier USMC marks were hidden. When and why were the markings changed like on these pieces? Thanks for any enlightenment.

Mike