Weapons Stolen from US Army Reserve Center

Charlie Flick

Not "terrorism," they say, but I think it's even more frightening that a lone nut with an ankle monitor was able to breech the security.

Exactly! AND he was in there for several hours? :blink:

Exactly! AND he was in there for several hours? :blink:

If it hadn't been for the smoke the theft could have gone unnoticed for much longer and if he hadn't had a somewhat distinctive car I expect they'd have had a harder time finding him. I am curious as to whether he had a buyer lined up? I think a robbery of a military arsenal is in itself an act of terrorism because those kinds of weapons would likely end up with someone who intended to do something more than rob 7-11's.

I wonder what the guys defense will be? He cant deny being there because he was dumb enough to wear the ankle monitor. and I assume they'll find his fingerprints on the guns when they turn up, if they haven't already. Guy should have been in jail before this happened anyway instead of on the streets.

I wonder what the guys defense will be? He cant deny being there because he was dumb enough to wear the ankle monitor. and I assume they'll find his fingerprints on the guns when they turn up, if they haven't already. Guy should have been in jail before this happened anyway instead of on the streets.

I think he will try and cut a deal. He can't contest that he was there, so I bet his lawyer will say to AUSA "my client will give you info on his buyer (if he had one), in exchange for a lesser sentence."

Im thinking more to the story and it may come out.He was booted out of the reserves and with just cause.He obviously knew the layout of the place and inventory but how did he know the alarms were disabled due to construction (if I understand the earlier posts).Did he have a friend in the unit that passed on the info? Im thinking he wasnt totally alone as he doesnt seem like the brightest candle on the cake committing a robbery with a tracking device on it.At some point the information would be downloaded and have some explaining to do.

Just a wild guess but thinking the investigators would first look into active and former unit members especially those who were discharged with or for criminal activity.

As stated above why was he out on the street?

I think he will try and cut a deal. He can't contest that he was there, so I bet his lawyer will say to AUSA "my client will give you info on his buyer (if he had one), in exchange for a lesser sentence."

Hoping since the case has federal connections a deal wont be made....but you never know he was/is a child predator and they let him run around with ankle jewelry.

Seems here in our area those getting nailed for meth get a harsher sentance than this felon.One meth case here went federal as they used the postal system to mail items and money connected to the case.The woman who was the "book keeper" and did the mailing of the money got a federal sentence for here part.No plea deal she had to do the full sentence(she was given)She wasnt involved in the manufacture or direct distribution or trafficking.It

was not openly stated but general knowledge one of the top peopk e rolled on everyone else and started naming names to save himself and had previous issues as the cli wn in this thread.Hope he isnt let out anytime soon.

Depends on who they suspect he was working with or selling them to. Friends, street thugs - no. But organized crime and terrorists - probably. There could be bigger fish this guy leads them to.

US Military Guy

"A military official told 5 Investigates that a burglary of this kind is a first for the Army's 5,000 standalone armories."

That is a nice sounding statement - and I suppose "technically accurate" ("burglary", "of this kind", and "standalone"), but I don't really believe that it means that weapons have never been stolen from an armory. :rolleyes:

"A military official told 5 Investigates that a burglary of this kind is a first for the Army's 5,000 standalone armories."

That is a nice sounding statement - and I suppose "technically accurate" ("burglary", "of this kind", and "standalone"), but I don't really believe that it means that weapons have never been stolen from an armory. :rolleyes:

Agreed

I caught that too.Nice blanket statement wonder how high the needle went on the B.S. meter when that quoate was given...:D

Agreed

I caught that too.Nice blanket statement wonder how high the needle went on the B.S. meter when that quoate was given... :D

Pretty sure that's exactly how Bonnie & Clyde and the like got their many BARs...

I mentioned exactly that on page 1, but it was a while back...

going back to the Bonnie and Clyde story...they did get some of their weapons from an Army armory..and the security measures of the time, from what I have read, the firing pins or bolts were to be removed when in storage, and stored away from the armory, or locked in another location...the CC left this task to the NCO in charge of arms, and neglected this act for the weekend, thinking, what are the odds..again this is just from what I have read ...

and I have read the US military "misplaces" firearms at a alarming rate, yet do not go reported as stolen..google missing military firearms....the biggest hit are firearms shipped to Afghanistan...but there are many stateside articles relating to missing, misplaced firearms...

I missed that the first time, but then again, I've followed this off and on in the middle of many other things. Glad they are on the trail of them.

I mentioned exactly that on page 1, but it was a while back...

I remember when "Tanker Tony" stole 150 (governments estimate) military vehicles including a tank and several apc's from Fort McCoy.

I don't recall a big uproar over that, and that didn't happen that long ago.

Ah, yes, the "Tanker Tony" thefts. I have no idea how those guys thought they'd all get away with it:

http://articles.latimes.com/1997-06-14/news/mn-3199_1_military-surplus I'd forgotten all about that until you wrote about the theft. I went to McCoy on active duty for a few days in 1999 and they were talking about the fallout and how several other people there had lost their careers over it.

Ah, yes, the "Tanker Tony" thefts. I have no idea how those guys thought they'd all get away with it:

http://articles.latimes.com/1997-06-14/news/mn-3199_1_military-surplus I'd forgotten all about that until you wrote about the theft. I went to McCoy on active duty for a few days in 1999 and they were talking about the fallout and how several other people there had lost their careers over it.

Heck those guys were amateurs compared to this lot:

isisweapons.jpg

Abrams tanks sold to US "friendly" countries are NOT the same as Abrams tanks used by US forces, they do not have the same capabilities/equipment. I don't think ANY US Abrams tanks have been lost from US inventory except one I've heard that got stuck in a well. A couple were destroyed by A-10 Friendly fire. If ISIS has Apache helicopters, if they don't have a pretty well trained and supplied maintenance/support and replacement parts system, they won't fly long or at all. ISIS is evil, they are doing the work of Satin.

BKW