USMC Helicopter Collection & Display 2015 edition

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the Comments.

Patchcollector, I will work on more detailed Photos of individual items over the next month or so. I put some items in storage and am going through some of my non Helicopter related items, so things are a bit out of place right now.

for those that are seeing everything in person and if your schedule / budget allows, I will do a similar display at the Pop-A-Smoke (Marine Combat Helicopter / tiltrotor association) reunion in Jacksonville, Florida in August of next year.

Semper Fly,

John

Wanted: USMC Helicopter related items

Collector of Marine Corps Helicopter / Rotary aviation items from the late 1940s to present

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Totally awesome display! I wish I could have such a well-focused, high quality collection. Very cool.

It looks like you displayed the tan flight suit that came with the Shufly beo-gam suit.

I am planning on doing a display of all the items at the Pop-A-Smoke Reunion in August. Just trying to figure out how to do it and give them all justice. Some very cool items, Thanks again for passing those items on to me.

Collector of Marine Corps Helicopter / Rotary aviation items from the late 1940s to present

• 8 months later...

Setting up my display again, this time in Jacksonville, FL for the Pop-A-Smoke (Marine Combat Helicopter and Tiltrotor association) Reunion.

Aug 24-28 at the Hyatt Regency

Pictures to come in a separate post

Semper Fly,

John

• 5 months later...

John,

I'm a late to this post from 2015 but, is that a HMR-162 cigarette lighter I spy and if so, might it be for sale? My late father was one of the original pilots for 162 and I could really use it to join my HMR-161, HMR-163 and MAG-16 lighters.

Thanks!

• 2 years later...

Wow, very nice and comprehensive. So impressed by your focus on one topic. My brother was KIA with the Purple Foxes on a medevac on July 27, 1969 out of the Quezon Mountains when they were operating out of An Hoa, I Corps.

Kurt

My hobby is my job and my job is my hobby. High School and University History Instructor

post-2-0-10415400-1477335312.jpg

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Hi John,

I wanted to check in and let you know I'm still very interested in the HMR-162 lighter should you ever choose to sell. Thanks!

Craig

Craig, If I ever decide to part with it, I will let you know.

Cheers,

John

This is one of the finest and most concentrated focused collections I think I have ever seen. Fantastic work on the presentation and history. This is what it's all about. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Semper Fi

donation2012.gif

Always looking for quality WWI and WWII USMC items. Particularly 4th Marine Brigade related items, medals, uniforms helmets ephemera, Also WWII USMC items including uniforms, medals, etc. to combat veterans especially Guadalcanal, Tarawa, Iwo Jima. Let me know what you have. Semper Fi