• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Auction Results

I attend quite a few auctions on a weekly basis trying to maintain a decent inventory of items. Usually I come away with a small amount of items at a decent price that I can make some money on. Friday night was a typical example. I bought a training bomb and mountain ruck. At minimum I should be able to double my investment, we'll see.

Occasionally the planets are aligned and the auction gods smile on me. Today was one such day. I attended a public auction that advertised some military and showed a few photos. I didn't really see a ton of stuff in the listing, but I figured I'd check it out. As it turns out there was quite a bit of military items there. This would qualify as Planet Alignment. The second part of the equation was the fact that I was the only guy buying military. This would be the auction gods beaming down on me. With the exception of a few items, I bought all of the military there. Being the only buyer meant that the opening bid was normally the final bid. I'm pretty sure what I paid for all this stuff would be a criminal offense in some states. Now there's some of what I call "filler" items. But there's also some diamonds hiding in there. It's going to take me a few days to just evaluate and inventory everything.

This wouldn't qualify as a mouse fart in a snowstorm compared to the big dealers. But I'm happy with my little victories.

I wish they all went like this but it would take the fun out of it too.

FRIDAY

post-124172-0-47687800-1447540431.jpg

"The history of gunfighting fails to record a single fatality resulting from a quick noise...speed's fine, but accuracy is final." William (Bill) H. Jordan, 1965

North Coast Military Antiques

https://northcoastmilitaryantiques.com

"preserving history, one piece at a time"

man i love that white web belt i see! always wanted one. and overall a very nice haul!

"America shall win the war. Therefore, I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone." -Martin A. Treptow Jake L.

NO ONE IN HISTORY HAS EVER CHOKED TO DEATH FROM SWALLOWING THEIR PRIDE.

Heaven help me, how I miss my friend

happy to see you made a score my friend, happy hunting. Would love to see more images of what you found when you get it all gone through.

Please Remember the Following Service Members who have passed on!

Manley S Webb- 1925-2006 US Navy WW2

James W Boutilier - 1921-1983 US Navy Seabees WW2

Russell W Haight - 1876-1953 Spanish American War, Cuban Pacification, Mexican Border War NYNG

Lt Colonel William H Warren 1921-2014 USAF

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.