Painted 448th Bomb Group a2

tball101

That is great A-2...nice hide, nice clean tag with great artwork..

Since 1940 Dover DE has been an AF town...since 1993, I have found only one A-2, and that was from the Korean War....must be using the wrong bait..

again great score, very nice jacket

It was a great suprise to find this one! My phone was broken for about a week and when I finally got a new one and turned it on I had a text from a lady who saw my ad and asked if I was interested in this old jacket. I nearly fell out of my chair!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That Jacket is top off the bill!! :love:

A little over a year ago Advance Guard Militaria had an A2 jacket for sale (for about $7000, including paperwork and the original goldfish certificate) which belonged to Second Lieutenant Marvin L. Gurwit, 578th Bomb Squadron, 392nd Bomb Group. That one also features a painted goldfish on the front.

post-9199-0-96352100-1451319493.jpg

post-9199-0-03612100-1451319518.jpg

Most probably done by the same artist that painted the jacket (pictured in "American Flight Jackets" by Jon A. Maguire) of G.H. Armstrong of the 577th Bombardment Squadron who flew a B-24 named'Puss-n-Boots'.

Cheers,

Sjef

That's an outstanding jacket. Just out of curiosity, are you displaying it goldfish or plane side out?

And here's another Goldfish Club painted jacket on the cover of Maguire's book, "Silver Wings & Leather Jackets."

post-112103-0-11629100-1451423671.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hey guys!

I'm a newbie here. Wanted to let you know about a book I'm working on...about WWII "bomber jackets." To date, 120 have been photographed, including jackets from the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum, the 390th Bomb Group Museum, the San Diego Air & Space Museum, the National Naval Aviation Museum among others, and of course, from private collections. A sample of the work can be seen on my website: www.aerographs.com. If the veterans are still alive, I'm photographing them as well, and four video interviews have also been done, all of which are available through my blog, linked through my website. If you know of anyone who has an A-2 jacket that would like to participate, please let me know! My phone number is (404) 245-2411. In advance, Thanks!