Questionable boonie hat - military ? Civilian?

Gumshoe

Found this at the swap meet today for a buck. I think it's probably something like Old Navy or Banana Republic. But I figured I'd show it here before I gave it to my brother for fishing hat. Single SCOVILE side snap, size tag 7 3/8, looks like there was a D.I. or some type of clutch-back insignia attached at some point in the life of this hat (opposite the snap side), and it was very dusty and covered with spider webs when I pulled it out of the box. The hat was crushed flat and is very stiff. Commercial? Custom US military? Foreign military? Comments welcome.

post-129920-0-07476100-1447033477.jpg

post-129920-0-40047400-1447033603.jpg

snap and interior (shows some wear). Inside looks like some sort of water-proofed cotton. Also very stiff.

post-129920-0-56793300-1447033783.jpg

post-129920-0-43542100-1447033789.jpg

I would think it was something that was made for the civilian market, based on the lining & snap brand. However, that doesn't mean it wasn't used by somebody in the military at some point.

I do not see a government contract tag. I would assume this is civilian. But as noted, there is no way to tell if it was worn by a solider or a hunter...or a soldier who was also a hunter!