WWII US NAVY Winter 1092 flying helmet

anton67

I picked this up today.

I would like to thank the forum members for helping me figure out what I have in the previous post.

At the time I didnt have any decent photos.

Here are some good photos.

The only flaw I can see is that the chin-cup strap is broken on the one side.

Still displays nicely.

Size 7 and marked USN.

Any comments are appreciated.

post-63438-0-66134400-1447008452.jpg

post-63438-0-75113900-1447008468.jpg

Anton , US navy is not in my field of collecting ,and i hope you didnt go buying this helmet just on what i posted in your previous thread ??? looking again at the new photos you have posted , there seems to be what looks like chalk marks behind the goggle strap ?? or is that the light used to take the picture with ??

looks like Pic #5 under the goggle strap, a white vertical line...could be stitching for the tag inside? or a seamstress mark for the strap

A very nice winter 1092....nice shearling...looks nice displayed as is

Not unusual at all for components to be marked with "tailor's chalk" in order to aid their placement during the assembly process.

Thank you for all of your help with this.

I decided to sell the helmet as it really does not fit with my collecting interest (FS section).

I mostly collect steel helmets and I would rather see it go to someone who would appreciate it more than me.

I am asking $115 shipped + PP fees, based on all of your input in the last post.

It really is in excellent condition other than the broken part of the chinstrap on the one side.