US Elite Forces in Vietnam by Marti Demiquels

Nervous

I just looked through one this weekend at a show........I liked the photography but didn't have time to read the entire contents. Some of the camo photos were too repetitive on a white background, but that's the most logical choice to show details and not distract the eye away from the colors on the cloth.

I ordered mine from Amazon and will get it today. It looks very interesting and I look forward to having it in my library.

It's listed under the wrong title "US Special Forces in Vietnam" on Amazon. I initially found it by searching the author's name.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my copy last week but just cracked it open for a quick view. It looks good with plenty of pictures of gear and uniforms used by US forces but it does not appear to break any new ground--well known and well documented weapons, gear, etc. But interesting nonetheless. Several pics I saw have been published elsewhere.

One of the cool things about the book is some of the personal items attributed to specific individuals.

I've never been a fan of models wearing the gear and this book has lots of that.

While I still haven't had a thorough look at it, based on what I've seen I would recommend the book to those interested in Vietnam era gear.

You can never have enough Vietnam reference books.