Some of my ARVN Windproof Collections

Goingecho

Hi there, Here are some of my ARVN Windproof camo collections which came from different resources earlier this year. I wll try to put some pics here, thanks for looking & I will appreciate any thoughts/inputs!

1. Tailor made K-2B style flight suit, 2nd run fabric

It looks like an uncompleted piece for me, which lacks of the main zipper as well as the button of right butt pocket... Another interesting point is that it has a T.T.S.X.Q.T ink stamp inside which marked as Q5=quan=pants.

post-155044-0-52510000-1446689547.jpg

post-155044-0-57968600-1446689556.jpg

• 8 months later...
USCapturephotos

I just found a windproof boonie and am enjoying learning about the pattern. I like the photos between your boonie and baseball cap as they show the differences in the materials between the two.

Paul

Beau-Brummel

I saw the suit on ebay; looks like It was made by tailoring a jacket and trousers together.

Did you get that hat from Minh?

• 3 weeks later...

I saw the suit on ebay; looks like It was made by tailoring a jacket and trousers together.

Did you get that hat from Minh?

Yes that Bonnie hat did come from Minh a long time ago, you can still see the pic in his site. The fabric looks correct to me but the cut looks not. I also remember that I saw a "repro" French Lizard hat with almost the same cut in SOS 2016. Is that also come from him?

Beau-Brummel

More than likely.

This Is one of his later pieces but there's still things he does wrong. There's one particular feature which Is like a signature and rarely seen on originals, I'm not sure why he hasn't fixed It but It's good news he hasn't. Thread will likely be modern poly cotton type.

Rarely visit his site but just had a look and It's not on there; there's a variation on a theme though with grommets robbed from an earlyish cowboy hat. Some stinkers mixed in with some nice pieces there, caveat emptor.

Yours, Guy.

Agreed,

I have got some great pieces from him over the years.

But you must be careful always.

Real fabric moder sewing.

Just like SS helmet covers its a mine field.

owen