'50s Schrade-Walden Jet Pilots Knife

thorin6

I've been wanting to add one of these to my collection, but usually the one's I find have bright blades and poor or incorrect sheaths. There has been discussion on these before, and I understand from those that the ones the military purchased had parkerized blades and bright blades were sold on the civilian market. This one is from Schade-Walder; other manufacturers were Camillus and Imperial.

post-11546-0-13520800-1446434950.jpg

The characteristics of a military JPK:

Parkerized blade (mildly sharpened) (also note the shape of the guard like an M3 but not bent)

post-11546-0-90984500-1446435139.jpg

Camillus, I don't believe your sheath is the correct one. It looks like a generic sheath from WWII. Look at Bob Hudson's link for a description of the correct sheath; the one I posted is correct, I believe.

ok, one othe thing I noticed there is no peen or no pin, how was this pommel fastened, the top is totaly smooth but doesn't appear to have been ground

ok, one othe thing I noticed there is no peen or no pin, how was this pommel fastened, the top is totaly smooth but doesn't appear to have been ground

Need pictures.

here is a picture of the pommel of my pilot knife, also can you tell from the pics I posted earlier if this is the commercial model, the blade has been chemically darkened

post-154628-0-28569000-1446611846.jpg