Iron Cross 1st class with send home letter from "Doug"

BROBS

I don't have any more info than the man's name, but he obviously was a US soldier.

I got a kick out of the letter... I bet the guy really was "burn up" when a GI took his EK1. :lol:

Only one I've got with capture type provenance and thought it crossed the border of German/US collecting.

-Brian

post-114538-0-97164300-1446393836.jpg

post-114538-0-02216000-1446393843.jpg

Not something you see every day. Interesting.

As they say, when Americans fight, they fight for just one thing............................Souvenirs. ;)

Wharf

I think you showed me pics once but I bet the guys here would like to see it too :D

This little set was one of the many great finds I had yesterday at the All-Iowa Military Collectors Swap Meet-N-Greet! ;)

going to post a named Air Medal with wings I found as well... thinking that guy may have been KIA.

-Brian

Having the cross and letter is really cool! That's great! Also, I agree, I'd enjoy seeing pics of yours Doyler.

Frank

Great piece and thanks for posting it. Similarly, my dad took one off a prisoner during the surrender of the 11th Panzer Division to the US 90th Infantry Division on May 4, 1945. After the war he sold it to help pay for the engagement ring for my mother. I've always been a little conflicted about that. :)

• 2 weeks later...